The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Bleh, failed for going through a tight gap.
My instructor said as long as I was going slow enough (which I was), he shouldn't have failed me on it, the car to the right of me had given me way >.<
Instructor reckons they weren't passin people today lmao, all the others who were there when I was didn't pass either
pumpkin7
i detect some bitterness in this post.

I have to say if they didnt know how to use the gears properly they wouldnt have passed!! Unless the examiner was half stoned at the time.

But i do agree that some people manage to pass when they're not ready. Sheer luck i say. Im a brilliant driver, but i still have a negative image of failing. Oh well.
jenren22
I have to say if they didnt know how to use the gears properly they wouldnt have passed!! Unless the examiner was half stoned at the time.

But i do agree that some people manage to pass when they're not ready. Sheer luck i say. Im a brilliant driver, but i still have a negative image of failing. Oh well.

bitterness and arrogance. score.

how would you denote yourself as being a brilliant driver?
OMG!! Just a,lil rant here. Gutted, just failed my driving test for the most stupid thing in the last five minutes. Never should have been a fail. Anyway the examiner told me that we were going striaght on at the first roundabout then left at the second( which is a good while away) so my instructor always told me to take the first roundabout in the left lane then indicate over as you have lots of time. So i checked my interior mirrior, then my outside one(no cars!!) and indicated over and moved lanes. Well two minutes later gets back to the test centre and he's like sorry you've failed. Supposedly i indicated to soon after checking my outside mirrior. Fair enough but there was NO CARS!! How is that a serious. Then he proceded to tell how i was a good wee driver and that i'll pass next time!! Didn't hear a word after that as i started howling(how embrassing). But of all the things to fail on its really embrassing. My instructor was totally shocked saying that i always chech my mirriors and of there was no cars she doesnt see how it was serious!!
So i just went online to book again and its brooken and have just spent the last half hour trying to get through ont he phone and its still not working.

Anybody got anytips lol
xxx
did you mean right at the second roundabout? :s-smilie: I'm confused.
pumpkin7
bitterness and arrogance. score.

how would you denote yourself as being a brilliant driver?

Excuse me???

So just because i think im a good driver means im arrogant?? Well im sorry if you took it that way. Im not a perfect driver, everyone makes mistakes. I might fail my test next week, doesnt mean to say im rubbish.

It's called having some confidence in myself.
I'm a good driver if i listen to the ADI's who have seen me drive - i drive safely. I lack confidence in myself too, so i might fail my test. Its not bitterness/arrogance.
I have my up and down moments. One minute i think im great the next i think im rubbish. Usually the latter. But at the moment i feel pretty good cos i had a good lesson last week. Still dont think ill pass my test though!

The key for me is concentration. Nerves wont get the better of me on the day, it will be my concentration that will let me down if it does. I really hope the examiner isnt really chatty! I find it hard to really focus sometimes, which often lets me down when i drive.
I think nerves if anything will get me. I'd rather ahve someone chatty than a silent examiner.
Failed my first test! Im Gutted!

Failed at a crossroad, he had to apply the foot break because i didnt give way to oncoming traffic. I know its my fault, but i cant help feeling down about failing! :frown:
kurupt_07
Failed my first test! Im Gutted!

Failed at a crossroad, he had to apply the foot break because i didnt give way to oncoming traffic. I know its my fault, but i cant help feeling down about failing! :frown:

I dont understand...:s-smilie:
Reply 1391
jenren22
I dont understand...:s-smilie:

at a cross road so they were coming from a side road probably going straigth ahead and didnt give way to oncoming traffic on the road they were crossing over(the "main" road)
Oh i see, i thought they meant the oncoming traffic...so traffic coming the opposite way on their road!

I get it now, thanks :smile:.
i was at the cross road wanting to turn right, i had to wait in the center to allow the oncoming traffic. I just got really nervous kind of went blank and instead of waiting i ended up trying to turn right when the traffic who had priority was coming (it was the first thing in my test, it was like 5 mins into my test if that)

im feeling proper down about it, even though its clearly my fault :frown:
~Kirsty~
did you mean right at the second roundabout? :s-smilie: I'm confused.

yea, i personally would have done in the right lane for both but my instructor always told me to do it in the left then move over to the right befor the second roundabout cause there so far across.
So if i had done it my own way i would have passed but cause i did it her way i managed to fail lol well gutted but hey. Everyone saying people who pass second time are better drivers so i'll just keep telling myself that
Coco Pops
I failed again, second time :s-smilie:. Argh. 1 major and 4 minors this time. No excuses, I made a stupid mistake. It was a left turn to join onto a dual carriageway and I thought I'd try and get tight around the corner, but went too far forward over the junction lines. So other cars had to shift into the right lanes.

Gutted though cos it was literally two mins away from the test centre :frown:. I had a really nice examiner though, and a chief examiner sitting in the back who was also really nice. One consolation was that they both said I'm a good driver, just that one mistake that ****ed me over. They told my instructor they felt really bad for having to fail me.

Ah well, 3rd time lucky I hope. Have't told my parents yet, they'll be really disappointed :s-smilie:.

aww dont worry, i know how it feels, because its happened to me too!! Like you said 3rd time lucky and your getting more experience. Im sure you will ace it next time :smile:
I failed, but according to my instructor we had a reasonable case to contest - but we didn't since we got an early retest! :biggrin:

Hes a copied message from the other thread:

He gave me a serious for stalling on a quiet road junction, no one around, behind the line so i wasn't causing obstruction! One for creeping round a bend too much to the right of the road (parked cars on the left on the bend, no space for 2 cars anyway cos of the parked cars, and no oncoming traffic) The other for hesistancy at junctions. (this is when theres lots of cars coming, and theres no way i'm risking it - they weren't miles away, and there was no one waiting behind me to go so i was only holding myself up if anyone) So much for the DSA not wanting perfection and looking for 'safe' driving. Oh, and a serious i thought i got (blocking a junction when in a queue) wasn't even remarked upon... figure that! I knew i'd failed before i got back to the centre, in busy traffic i glanced across and noticed a mark in one serious! My manouvres were apparently perfect - he chose a blooming bus route corner for me to reverse around the twit!

Funnily enough the ones i thought i would get errors for (speeding up quick enough) i didn't. He gave a few accelerator faults but didn't explain why... probably cos he felt like it!

I don't care - I'll pass next time, 8th Jan! Lots of practice over christmas - i'm hoping when my uncle is up he can sit in the car with me, when dads working!
~Kirsty~
I failed, but according to my instructor we had a reasonable case to contest - but we didn't since we got an early retest! :biggrin:

Hes a copied message from the other thread:

He gave me a serious for stalling on a quiet road junction, no one around, behind the line so i wasn't causing obstruction! One for creeping round a bend too much to the right of the road (parked cars on the left on the bend, no space for 2 cars anyway cos of the parked cars, and no oncoming traffic) The other for hesistancy at junctions. (this is when theres lots of cars coming, and theres no way i'm risking it - they weren't miles away, and there was no one waiting behind me to go so i was only holding myself up if anyone) So much for the DSA not wanting perfection and looking for 'safe' driving. Oh, and a serious i thought i got (blocking a junction when in a queue) wasn't even remarked upon... figure that! I knew i'd failed before i got back to the centre, in busy traffic i glanced across and noticed a mark in one serious! My manouvres were apparently perfect - he chose a blooming bus route corner for me to reverse around the twit!

Funnily enough the ones i thought i would get errors for (speeding up quick enough) i didn't. He gave a few accelerator faults but didn't explain why... probably cos he felt like it!

I don't care - I'll pass next time, 8th Jan! Lots of practice over christmas - i'm hoping when my uncle is up he can sit in the car with me, when dads working!

aww, well good luck for next time. Mine is booked for the day aftee yours. I'm more nervous this time but i don't know why!? Dreading the time aswell cause its at half three and thats when all the major schools are out and you do all the manuovers next to all the secondary schools, so it'll be really busy.

They say the dont have a pass rota, but they must. They just failed my friend for going round a mini-roundabout ion second gear saying she was going far to fast!!
Reply 1398
Just to put an end to this they have a quality assurance process which means all the examiners at a test centre must be within 10 percent pass/fail of the chief examiner at that test centre.

Ublucky Kirsty with the test. I know how it feels. You will get it next time.
Reply 1399
Just to put an end to this they have a quality assurance process which means all the examiners at a test centre must be within 10 percent pass/fail of the chief examiner at that test centre.

Ublucky Kirsty with the test. I know how it feels. You will get it next time.

Latest

Trending

Trending