The Student Room Group

Bra size now 36E :(

I had a bra fitting recently, and I've gone up to a 36E :frown:. I'd been having shoulder pain, so went to see my GP, and he recommended it. It's so embarrassing buying bras now and I can't stand how big boobs look on me (or anyone for that matter). I'm becoming very depressed, and only buying baggy tops/dresses to cover them. I don't agree with surgery as it wouldn't be necessarily for medical reasons, but please could anyone suggest a way for me to make them look/become smaller?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I had a bra fitting recently, and I've gone up to a 36E :frown:. I'd been having shoulder pain, so went to see my GP, and he recommended it. It's so embarrassing buying bras now and I can't stand how big boobs look on me (or anyone for that matter). I'm becoming very depressed, and only buying baggy tops/dresses to cover them. I don't agree with surgery as it wouldn't be necessarily for medical reasons, but please could anyone suggest a way for me to make them look/become smaller?

are you a normal weight?
Reply 2
Original post by The_Goose
are you a normal weight?

Well, I'm pretty tall, 5ft11, so heavier for that matter. I think I weigh about 11stone, and usually wear a size 10-12.
Wear a sports bra?
Reply 4
Same problem, but I'm smaller than a 36, and have recently gone up to an F - however for me it doesn't actually look that big because I tend to wear t shirts. But my back freakin kills, however it's only in the mornings (is that like yours too?) I would suggest you wear non-padded bras, the freya brand are the only ones that fit me! If I wear padded bras, it makes them look even bigger, which in all honesty I couldn't care about, but literally only one padded bra fits me correctly.
Reply 5
Original post by Politricks
Wear a sports bra?

It's hard to find fully supportive ones, but I'll look into it. Thanks
Lots of girls would love boobs that size. Mine are about that size and my boyfriend loves them. Make the best of your assets. And unless you have surgery, a diet might be your only option. Luckily, boob fat is usually the first to go. If your back aches, that suggests to me that your bras arent very supportive.

But to make them look smaller, dont wear low cut or stripy tops.
(edited 11 years ago)
It's hard to find fully supportive ones, but I'll look into it. Thanks

You said that you don't want a surgery because it wouldn't be for medical reasons, however, you did say it's giving you shoulder pain; this could have implications later on in your life. A sports bra would only make it look smaller, but it won't reduce the weight. So perhaps surgery could still be on the list of options?
Reply 8
Original post by sara :D
Same problem, but I'm smaller than a 36, and have recently gone up to an F - however for me it doesn't actually look that big because I tend to wear t shirts. But my back freakin kills, however it's only in the mornings (is that like yours too?) I would suggest you wear non-padded bras, the freya brand are the only ones that fit me! If I wear padded bras, it makes them look even bigger, which in all honesty I couldn't care about, but literally only one padded bra fits me correctly.

Oh right, ok I haven't been entirely honest, as I've increased the back size to make the cup size smaller...I'm officially a 32FF but that is absolutely ridiculous! Yeah, it's literally a pain in the back, I sleep on a memory foram mattress now though to ease the pain the mornings. Yep freya all the way! Nice to know others can relate :smile:
Reply 9
Oh right, ok I haven't been entirely honest, as I've increased the back size to make the cup size smaller...I'm officially a 32FF but that is absolutely ridiculous! Yeah, it's literally a pain in the back, I sleep on a memory foram mattress now though to ease the pain the mornings. Yep freya all the way! Nice to know others can relate :smile:

Don't do that. if you're a 32FF, you're a 32FF

wearing the wrong size is only going to make your back problems worse.
Reply 10
Original post by Politricks
You said that you don't want a surgery because it wouldn't be for medical reasons, however, you did say it's giving you shoulder pain; this could have implications later on in your life. A sports bra would only make it look smaller, but it won't reduce the weight. So perhaps surgery could still be on the list of options?

Yeah, surgery is a possibility I suppose, but it's the shame of telling people about it and taking time out of uni for it. It's not something my family would appreciate, my grandma is very stuffy.
What you can do is firstly have a look at bravissimo bras. They are for all the curvy ladies out there and some are so pretty that i wish i had big boobs to buy them! They also have wider straps than normal which makes it a little comfier on your shoulders :smile: and these bras might actually make you look smaller!
As for what to wear, if you want them looking smaller wear high, square cut neck lines. look into the 50s fashions, some of those dresses look amazing on girls with bigger boobs.

You just need to learn to love your figure, you may hate it now because you've had problems trying to feel comfortable with them, but once you get used to them you'll be fine! and every other girl will be jealous of your big boobies. Seriously
Yeah, surgery is a possibility I suppose, but it's the shame of telling people about it and taking time out of uni for it. It's not something my family would appreciate, my grandma is very stuffy.

Then perhaps you could wait after university, don't let this distract your studies.
As for the shame, I would keep the topic under the carpet. For people who will know about the surgery, I'm sure they'll be understanding, and won't judge you, in fact, cosmetic surgery is so common nowadays, that I don't think they'll even be surprised the slightest :smile:
I've increased the back size to make the cup size smaller...I'm officially a 32FF

Photographs will be needed. Totally for research and to offer advice.
Reply 14

Hey, I used to feel exactly the same way but over the last few years i've learnt to dress in certain ways which balance you out. One thing i'd suggest is going to Bravissimo- its a shop for big boobs which also have a clothes range that flatter top heavy people. Their bras are so so good and you get properly fitted with a comfy bra that lasts for ages and also creates a really good shape. They also have minimizing bras which are great. I won't go anywhere else for bras since i've visited.
But generally don't be embarrassed, so many girls wish they had larger boobs so use them to your advantage (obviously not too much).
Hope this helps, good luck :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by RabbitCFH

Yeah, cannot impart expertise without knowing exactly what we're working with. Sorry

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 16

it's for science.
Reply 17
Original post by RachelSophia
What you can do is firstly have a look at bravissimo bras. They are for all the curvy ladies out there and some are so pretty that i wish i had big boobs to buy them! They also have wider straps than normal which makes it a little comfier on your shoulders :smile: and these bras might actually make you look smaller!
As for what to wear, if you want them looking smaller wear high, square cut neck lines. look into the 50s fashions, some of those dresses look amazing on girls with bigger boobs.

You just need to learn to love your figure, you may hate it now because you've had problems trying to feel comfortable with them, but once you get used to them you'll be fine! and every other girl will be jealous of your big boobies. Seriously

Thank you for this advice! I wish I was curvy though, but I'm just tall, slim and them with huge balloons on my chest :'(. Will be following this advice though.
Reply 18

How do I add a photo?
Thank you for this advice! I wish I was curvy though, but I'm just tall, slim and them with huge balloons on my chest :'(. Will be following this advice though.

i think that still makes you curvy, your 'huge balloons' are a curve :smile: I'll happily swap with you and i'm 5ft 3 haha

Quick Reply

Latest