Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello, LoL. I am drinking a cup of hot choclate!

This is the time of the year, where people doing Long cwks, eg A-level ICT are most stressed at, as teachers, want there cwks in by easter so that they can mark it over easter, isn't that true!

Firstly i would like to say im glad that I have completed my A-level ICT, it was more then a pain. I used to wake up at 5am just to write up stuff, on computer, screenshots were a nightmare, but in the end I succeeded. It does not happen overnight.

The write up is one big thing, and then program was another nightmare. From my experience some things are best solved by yourself.

One other thing, you should choose a company that is not that popular, otherwise teachers, markers, may know a thing or two about big companies, and in that way, you won't be able to blagg it that much, and youll find it difficult. Teachers or moderators usually give you a booklet telling you what to do in each section, this is the best help you will get and you should use it and do exactly what it tells you to do so.

I chose a car retail showroom franchise. I said that my program would be able to train, employees in using a similar system to that of the companies. Therefore I created similar functions, but obviously, at a more basic level.

W.r.t to time schedule, most students will not be able to cope with the schedule given by teachers, as they usually end up leaving it to last few weeks i hope. I was able to Blitz these type of write up cwks, in one or two weeks by literally working my ass off. The psychology behind students leaving it to the last minute are:-

1. They think that they will do the cwk tomorrow, the day after that, next week ooops two weeks before, deadline ouch, that hurts!

not psychology but real life

2. Because of re-take exams in January, they are unable, to revise, and do cwks.

3. They just dont care, and dont give a ****.

However, the best feeling is when you hand in a good cwk, and the reliefe (wrong spelling) is Momentus, to the max, best feeling ever.

I hope I help. Maybe a bit too late for sum.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for that!

I've got a two-week break at the moment, so I'll get beavering on it. Almost finished implementation, and need to do testing before I go back. Then that's the hardest stuff out the way!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James_W)
    Thanks for that!

I've got a two-week break at the moment, so I'll get beavering on it. Almost finished implementation, and need to do testing before I go back. Then that's the hardest stuff out the way!

Testing was an absolute nightmare. I had to do some 100 tests or sumthing, and screen shooting each one. My computer could not hack it, every time I copied and pasted into paint, the screen went all different colours. I was using a comp with 32 mb ram, 8 gb hd, win 95. lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perry)
    Testing was an absolute nightmare. I had to do some 100 tests or sumthing, and screen shooting each one. My computer could not hack it, every time I copied and pasted into paint, the screen went all different colours. I was using a comp with 32 mb ram, 8 gb hd+ 14inch monitor win 95. lol

ReputationRep:

:confused:

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.