The Student Room Group

Remark or not to remark that is the question :p

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mynameisntbobk
Ah, well yeah, think about it for tomorrow. If you got A* in both papers, then its hardly gonna go up by much if it does go up at all. But if you really want an A*, you could risk it, but you need to think about whether its worth it.

Posted from my [insert name of device to exaggerate my wealth]

I want to do medicine and Im just scared that uni's will turn me down because they saw an A And not an A* :sad: Thank you :h:
Original post by foreverstrong_97
I want to do medicine and Im just scared that uni's will turn me down because they saw an A And not an A* :sad: Thank you :h:

I got an A at biology. Imagine that, getting an A* in all the sciences apart from biology, which at GCSE is scientifically, more relevant. Seriously, they wouldn't give 2 cares if you get all A*'s or A*'s but around 2 A's. As long as you have the all rounded personality they're looking for, then the grade won't hold you back. Besides, most unis require sciences at an A, so you're definitely on track.

Reply 162
it is likely to move up!!
im doing 0cr gateway and my mate moved from an A to an A* after a remark for biology,, b1,b2,b3

i beleive the deadline for remarks is tommorow though

its unlikely you will move down to a B though since yo do have a very high A

i would say do it,,, or you may regret it in the future!!

ryan
I got an A at biology. Imagine that, getting an A* in all the sciences apart from biology, which at GCSE is scientifically, more relevant. Seriously, they wouldn't give 2 cares if you get all A*'s or A*'s but around 2 A's. As long as you have the all rounded personality they're looking for, then the grade won't hold you back. Besides, most unis require sciences at an A, so you're definitely on track.

Aww well done! :biggrin: :party: Thank you :smile: I guess I really need to work hard for this additional and the rest and make sure I get A's and A*'s :smile: Do you think I should remark?? :colondollar:
Original post by ryanb97
im doing 0cr gateway and my mate moved from an A to an A* after a remark for biology,, b1,b2,b3

ryan

Reallly?!! :eek:

What was his marks if you dont mind me asking because his only a module and mine is the whole gcse :tongue:

Thats what I was thinking I dont want to leave it and think I could have tried and it might have worked :s-smilie:

Thank You! :biggrin:
Original post by ryanb97

ryan

Aww well done! :biggrin: :party: Thank you :smile: I guess I really need to work hard for this additional and the rest and make sure I get A's and A*'s :smile: Do you think I should remark?? :colondollar:

Thank you :biggrin:. Still disappointed though, 2 ums away :frown: yupp :yep:
I do think that there's a chance you'd move up, and its very unlikely you'd move down like Ryan said, so I'd recommend it, but don't get your hope up. I don't mean it in a rude way, but sometimes, things don't work out the way you'd expect.

Thank you :biggrin:. Still disappointed though, 2 ums away :frown: yupp :yep:
I do think that there's a chance you'd move up, and its very unlikely you'd move down like Ryan said, so I'd recommend it, but don't get your hope up. I don't mean it in a rude way, but sometimes, things don't work out the way you'd expect.

You Welcome :h: I know this science will be my doom :sad:

Ill probably remark it :yep: Go for it and see what happens if it goes down my grade wont change :no: Haha no worries thanks :h:
You Welcome :h: I know this science will be my doom :sad:

Ill probably remark it :yep: Go for it and see what happens if it goes down my grade wont change :no: Haha no worries thanks :h:

It's alright :smile: and thanks to Ryan aswell :wink:

It's alright :smile: and thanks to Ryan aswell :wink:

Hhaha yeah :tongue: Yeah :yep:
Reply 169
I beleuve for that exam 140 ums was the max and 126 uns was the A* boundery... He wss on 122 and moved to 126 which is boatderline...

As u sed this is only one module... U may gain a couple ums in ur coursework!

Are u allowed to gt papers rematked from last year... I thought there was a deadline then u cant have it back..?

Good luck though.. If u do get ot remarked!

Rysn

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ryanb97
I beleuve for that exam 140 ums was the max and 126 uns was the A* boundery... He wss on 122 and moved to 126 which is boatderline...

As u sed this is only one module... U may gain a couple ums in ur coursework!

Are u allowed to gt papers rematked from last year... I thought there was a deadline then u cant have it back..?

Good luck though.. If u do get ot remarked!

Rysn

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got A* in both the exams so I basically needed my c/w remarked but you cant remark it so I decided not to because it would be hard for me to get those 6 ums from my exams :sad: Thank you :h:

Quick Reply

Latest