cate3110
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Heya, who else is applying?

Done most of my application, just waiting on hearing back from my UG university regarding references and putting the finishing touches on it.

Was thinking of applying to Leicester, Lancaster, Sheffield, York and Durham (planning on moving away from home) but I'm awarethese are all quite high up in the league tables and may be more difficult to get in, so unsure whether I should swap one of my choices with a Uni that may be slightly easier to get in:confused:
Moseley
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I applied for my msc social work at royal holloway. I had a complete nightmare with getting into as applied late etc. In all honesty I say go to one which is the most
Convenient at the end of the day. As your gonna be there for two years

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
maxine1979uk
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi there, I have applied to Uni of Leeds for Jan 13 start, also for Sept 13 start, Uni of Hull, Uni of Lincoln, Leeds Met, Uni of Sheffield and Sheffield Hallam.

Good luck!!
cate3110
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hey,
I'm finally sending my application off now, mucho excited. Been panicking for a while as was waiting on a response from someone from my UG university for a reference, but finally had the go ahead yesterday .

Moseley - hope you are enjoying your course.

maxine1979uk - good luck in your application, have you heard back from any of the universities yet?

Catherine x
emma30
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi. I have just got my Track pack from UCAS after applying to Hull and York (going to hae to commute from Scarborough).Have had a couple of years out and been working in schools and colleges so hope this will be enough to get me a place. Does anyone know when interviews take place and has anyone else applied to these unis yet?
DancinBallerina
Badges: 20
Report 6 years ago
After graduating 2 years ago this month and being undecided as to what to do with my life, I am going to go for the MA Social Work (currently have a degree in Criminology and Sociology). Of course, this decision is all well and good, but what the heck do I do now? :/ Ok that sounds daft, but fees do I pay for that? can I do the course part time? I am just really confused with how it all works to be honest.

If there are any MA Social Work students out there, please do get in touch as I think I need to get my skates on . . .
DancinBallerina
Report 6 years ago
Anyone???? :-/

Moseley
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey anyone get in then? The course is soo full on and didn't realise how much theory is in it lol

DancinBallerina
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Moseley)
Hey anyone get in then? The course is soo full on and didn't realise how much theory is in it lol

Is it a lot of policy/sociology theory? . . .
DancinBallerina
Report 6 years ago
Anyone? . .
cate3110
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Heya, I'm applying for this also. I know the deadline is the standard UCAS deadline, unless you apply to unis which you have to apply to direct. But looking at threads from last year, there were plenty of late applicants who were successful too. As far as I can see next years funding for postgrads should be the same as the current situation, where NHS will pay for fees or at least a substantial part of the fees. Where you thinking of applying to?
maxine1979uk
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi there, I have been accepted at Uni of Leeds for a Jan 13 start and have interviews at Uni of Sheffield and Hull for Sept 13 start. I am going to attend Hull and Sheffield although I intend to accept Leeds.

How's everyone else getting on?
Maxine
cate3110
Rep:
?
Hello,
congrats on your offer and interviews. Haven't heard back from any of mine yet, but Leicester are screening applications next Friday, so have been told that I will find out whether I've got an interview by the end of the month.
cate3110
Rep:
?
emma30 - I have also applied to York, sent my application off on the 31st October, just had an acknowledgement email so far. Fingers crossed, we will hear from them soon. Good luck with your applications
Moseley
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Well most university's do it differently but having a background in sociology or psychology will help. As one of the modules are heavily based on theory so psychology would be an advantage

DancinBallerina
Report 6 years ago
Well most university's do it differently but having a background in sociology or psychology will help. As one of the modules are heavily based on theory so psychology would be an advantage

Ahh ok thank you. I have Criminology and Sociology behind me, so think that'll be ok??? I need to get a move on with my application :-).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Moseley
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Sociology will help you quiet abit. But from what I leant having some info on things like Freud etc will help

DancinBallerina
Report 6 years ago
Sociology will help you quiet abit. But from what I leant having some info on things like Freud etc will help

Ahh yes, good ol Freud, I remember him lol. Looks like I may just be digging out my ol Sociology theory books (if I get a place).....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Moseley
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Ha ha do you know about cbt or psychodynamic etc. and where you applying to?

emma30
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
my degree is social science with psychology so that should be fine. and i have been working pastorally in schools and colleges for the past 5 years so hoping this is enough. Have had acknowledgement emails so far but obsessively checking track/emails is not helping it go faster!! x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (31)
25%
No (93)
75%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed