The Student Room Group

Boyfriends buying lingerie, yes or no?

Just a quick question really, seems kinda silly but I want to know what the general view is on it. How would you feel (this is aimed at girlfriends really) if your boyfriend bought you lingerie?

Mine is hinting at buying me some for easter and I'm unsure. I've been with him for about 14 months so we know each other well, just hmmm... I know he wouldn't buy anything daft but I'm just unsure...

Anyway, any comments from girlfriends who've been bought it as gifts or boyfriends who've bought some for girlfriends...

Cheers

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'd say yes. Just make sure he knows your size before he goes.

I mean, nice underwear is expensive, so it's always good to get someone else to buy it. And it could be interesting to see what he comes back with.
Reply 2
It depends whether you can trust him not to buy things like crotchless pants! And make sure he knows your size.
Reply 3
i'd love it because it would mean he'd get to see me in exactly what he wanted to see me in, and the thought that he went out and visualised me in many different types of lingerie and picked his fave would definitely be a turn on.

but yes, must make 100% sure about the sizing, otherwise there could be issues!
Reply 4
Juno
It depends whether you can trust him not to buy things like crotchless pants! And make sure he knows your size.

but it could be fun if that's what he wants to see you in!
i would be fine with it as long as it looks sexy...and is comfortable and fits me!
Reply 6
I'd love a guy to buy me lingerie, for the reasons everyone has already given. 1) It saves you paying for them, 2) he gets to pick exactly what he wants to see you in, which is good for him and interesting for you and 3) it's a turn on!
Reply 7
Hanski
Just a quick question really, seems kinda silly but I want to know what the general view is on it. How would you feel (this is aimed at girlfriends really) if your boyfriend bought you lingerie?

Mine is hinting at buying me some for easter and I'm unsure. I've been with him for about 14 months so we know each other well, just hmmm... I know he wouldn't buy anything daft but I'm just unsure...

Anyway, any comments from girlfriends who've been bought it as gifts or boyfriends who've bought some for girlfriends...

Cheers

Hiya- well if I was you I'd trust him + see what happens. If he does buy something ridiculous then I'm sure you can laugh about it! I've been with my boyfriend about the same amount of time but I'm pretty sure he'd never buy me lingerie cos he knows how uncomfortable I am with my body. Most clothes + underwear look horrible on me so I wouldn't let him take the chance, but if you're not a hippo like me (over 10st and only 5ft 4!) then I'm sure you'll be happy + he'll think you look v hot in whatever he chooses.
Reply 8
ciara
I'd love a guy to buy me lingerie, for the reasons everyone has already given. 1) It saves you paying for them, 2) he gets to pick exactly what he wants to see you in, which is good for him and interesting for you and 3) it's a turn on!

:ditto:
Reply 9
ciara

:ditto:.
I'd be happy with it, as long as it was something I liked and the right size!
Hanski

Cheers

My boyfriend got me a (tasteful) Ann Summers bra and knicker set for christmas and it was gorgeous! I have a bit of a knicker-buying obsession so he knows the sorts I like, and luckily he loves the same type.
Just make sure he knows what you *hate* and your sizes and it should be great!
Lucky you!
Reply 12
Lucyvet2006
Hiya- well if I was you I'd trust him + see what happens. If he does buy something ridiculous then I'm sure you can laugh about it! I've been with my boyfriend about the same amount of time but I'm pretty sure he'd never buy me lingerie cos he knows how uncomfortable I am with my body. Most clothes + underwear look horrible on me so I wouldn't let him take the chance, but if you're not a hippo like me (over 10st and only 5ft 4!) then I'm sure you'll be happy + he'll think you look v hot in whatever he chooses.

Slightly harsh on yourself no?? Besides I doubt your boyfriend has any complaints otherwise he wouldn't be with you!! lol!
Reply 13
Mine bought me lingerie recently as a surprise and I was dead chuffed, it was really romantic!!
i would love my bf to buy be underwear! it would have to be expensive tho!
Reply 15
This one was...Italian designer :smile:

...delivered in a rainbow box by a transvestite for some reason...
Reply 16
grace
i'd love it because it would mean he'd get to see me in exactly what he wanted to see me in, and the thought that he went out and visualised me in many different types of lingerie and picked his fave would definitely be a turn on.

but yes, must make 100% sure about the sizing, otherwise there could be issues!

Yap, I don't see anything wrong with it to be honest. If anything, it would be quite sweet.

And I suspect that if you've been together so long, he's seen you in different types of lingerie anyway - so it won't matter what he gets pretty much, it'll be something he wants to see you in.
Reply 17
yeah i'd love it if a boyf bought me lingerie
Reply 18
I'd need to get my gf's sizes before I bought her any!! Mind you it is definately something I would do!!
Reply 19
my boyfriend's never done it to be honest but id be really happy if he did. Well... if he bought he right size that is haha.

Latest

Trending

Trending