The Student Room Group
Reply 1
C'est la vie I suppose. Too late to change now :smile:
It's worth it knowing you can do something that only very few people choose to do and only very few people can do well : )
Languages are a lot of work, but they're very rewarding. I personally feel you get a lot more out of them than you do with other subjects, and they're also something very few Britons want or are able to do.
Reply 4
drsmeeth
I was just thinking about it, and Languages are *so* MUCH WORK compared to any others...

I've got to revise two plays, a novel, have a written paper, listening paper and reading paper and an oral....owch.
I'm comparing that to 2 english papers and 2 Theatre studies papers...

damn languages.

Wow, Spanish has hands down the smallest workload of all my subjects!!
However I don't do a literature paper, I did coursework instead.
Seriously though, if all my subjects had a similar amount of work I'd be in heaven. Per week I have to do:
One commercial letter;
Two exercises from the text book requiring word substitution or vocab learning;
Coursework preparation (although have finished that, so will probs change to one 225-250 word essay)
Having said that, I am pretty sure that I haven't learned anything since September and am also sure that my Spanish hasn't gotten any better since I went to Spain in the Summer (my teachers are so incompetant that all my class' parents have complained).
But after all is said and done, I still loves me languages:biggrin:

*hopes uni teaching is better*
German is the only subject I have any workload as coursework's all finished for everything else and it's just revision.
I know it's worth it but everyone else should have to do equal amounts of hard work hehe!

Latest

Trending

Trending