The Student Room Group

Ninja Overcomes Gravity!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 440
Original post by silent ninja
Aww patience young skywalker. My weight stalled for a good 2 months before going down again. You gotta keep chipping away at it.

More progress pics possibly today.

Thank you master :cool:

I'm stalling too; just recently I started doing my runs : /

Let me know once you posted progress pics; would get me pumping :dumbells:
Squats 107.5kg 3 3 105kg 5
Weighted pullups 7.5kg 5 5 5, 5kg 5
OHP 50kg 5 2 47.5kg 3 3 42.5kg
DB Tricep ext 42.5kg 6 5 (3+37.5kgx3)
Seated row/Lateral raises no.6/7.5kg lots, 3 sets
Tricep rope pushdowns no.5 10 10 10

Really good depth on squats, probably 2" below parallel. More importantly no pelvic tilt! Secret? This video. The dude is absolutely right. I was breaking at the hips which left me nowhere to go. Areeb take note. No good morning doing it this way (but I have fairly flexible hammies anyway).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl_kDg6fBWE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Squats 107.5kg 3 3 105kg 5
Weighted pullups 7.5kg 5 5 5, 5kg 5
OHP 50kg 5 2 47.5kg 3 3 42.5kg
DB Tricep ext 42.5kg 6 5 (3+37.5kgx3)
Seated row/Lateral raises no.6/7.5kg lots, 3 sets
Tricep rope pushdowns no.5 10 10 10

Really good depth on squats, probably 2" below parallel. More importantly no pelvic tilt! Secret? This video. The dude is absolutely right. I was breaking at the hips which left me nowhere to go. Areeb take note. No good morning doing it this way (but I have fairly flexible hammies anyway).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl_kDg6fBWE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol thanks for the link :smile:
still waiting for some progress pics though :sexface:
Original post by areebmazhar

Lol tomorrow morning. I've eaten loads and I'm warm so it's not a true reflection.
Lol tomorrow morning. I've eaten loads and I'm warm so it's not a true reflection.

I find warm makes me look the best. Cold sweat after a gym session makes me look the worst (soft and puffy and kinda fatty).
Some update pics!

Just under 10 months since I hit the gym now. ~2.5kg lighter compared to my last pics in November. 73.0kg last weigh in 2 days ago, 5'9.5 obviously.

I have some shoulders now which is nice. Traps are lacking perhaps. The natural lighting kills off any definition of the bottom of my chest, think it looks better in real life, but overhead lighting adds too much shadow and my camera is rubbish anyway. Abs aren't that great either, obliques need work. Overall, happy I guess. Not bad whilst losing weight.
Oh, and not much leg pics because i've only started squatting again in the 5 odd weeks so my legs aren't looking massively different. You can see my quads though.

Thoughts, opinions overall?? :colondollar:
What do ya reckon my body fat percentage is now?

I think my fat loss goals have been reached. I've lost about 11kg in total. Not sure what I'll do from here. I don't think I want to lose any more weight but I don't want to start bulking either as clothes fit fantastically well and my physique isn't too bulky for football etc
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by kka25
Thank you master :cool:

I'm stalling too; just recently I started doing my runs : /

Let me know once you posted progress pics; would get me pumping :dumbells:

They're up :redface:

Lower back rounding is the bane of my gym life right now. I read on the SS forums that you aren't meant to break at the knees first when you squat. Is this guy saying the opposite?

Great progress by the way man. *Green thumbs up*
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Converse Rocker
Lower back rounding is the bane of my gym life right now. I read on the SS forums that you aren't meant to break at the knees first when you squat. Is this guy saying the opposite?

Great progress by the way man.

I think he's saying a slight break at the knees before you break at the hips. They won't travel too much ahead. I tried it and it seemed to allow me to go lower with no lower back rounding.

And thanks :smile:
Going to give some feedback without sounding too gay. Alas, it will be difficult.

**** it, I'll embrace the inner homo...

You've come leaps and bounds since your last pics, MUCH leaner and weirdly it looks like you've actually put on mass as well. No idea what your bf may be but you are pretty lean. Abs are coming in nicely. Nice thick solid thighs. No back pics but I bet you have a pretty good V-taper going on as your waist is quite narrow too. I'm liking the pecs, nice shape. Broad shoulders, delts are coming along nicely, like you mentioned I think traps are lagging a little bit. Only other critique is your glutes could be a little bigger.

All in all, awesome work bro, you're an inspiration to me, this is going to push me harder now :smile:
You're looking good. You are definitely not a member of the muscle less wonder club like me :smile:
Looking good bro

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The Blind Monk
You're looking good. You are definitely not a member of the muscle less wonder club like me :smile:

Original post by RobJ93
Looking good bro

Going to give some feedback without sounding too gay. Alas, it will be difficult.

**** it, I'll embrace the inner homo...

You've come leaps and bounds since your last pics, MUCH leaner and weirdly it looks like you've actually put on mass as well. No idea what your bf may be but you are pretty lean. Abs are coming in nicely. Nice thick solid thighs. No back pics but I bet you have a pretty good V-taper going on as your waist is quite narrow too. I'm liking the pecs, nice shape. Broad shoulders, delts are coming along nicely, like you mentioned I think traps are lagging a little bit. Only other critique is your glutes could be a little bigger.

All in all, awesome work bro, you're an inspiration to me, this is going to push me harder now :smile:

Thanks bros and thanks for the critique!

Traps definitely lagging. Oversight on my part as I stopped doing heavy deads and any growth I got in them initially was from that imo. Will add some shrugs in.
Gonna hit more chest too, everything else has caught up. Just legs lagging a little as well but I'm back to full strength on them now so hopefully they'll improve.

No protein shakes either. Guess all those BBQ steaks paid off lol

Dude you've made loads of progress and your weight is steadily dropping off despite that eating disorder! I'm waiting for your infamous pics with socks btw :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks bros and thanks for the critique!

Traps definitely lagging. Oversight on my part as I stopped doing heavy deads and any growth I got in them initially was from that imo. Will add some shrugs in.
Gonna hit more chest too, everything else has caught up. Just legs lagging a little as well but I'm back to full strength on them now so hopefully they'll improve.

No protein shakes either. Guess all those BBQ steaks paid off lol

Dude you've made loads of progress and your weight is steadily dropping off despite that eating disorder! I'm waiting for your infamous pics with socks btw :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, infamous pics aren't too far off :wink:
Reply 454

Thoughts, opinions overall?? :colondollar:
What do ya reckon my body fat percentage is now?

Great progress pics! Abs are popping I see.

I'm devastated looking at the mirror now :emo:
Original post by kka25
Great progress pics! Abs are popping I see.

I'm devastated looking at the mirror now :emo:

Thanks. Takes time bro! Gotta stick with it for the long haul then it becomes easier. Going hard and quick can be demotivating when you run out of energy and see you haven't got too far. I think i trained pretty hard in the first 4 months but since then it's been a lot less intense and easy going.
Thanks. Takes time bro! Gotta stick with it for the long haul then it becomes easier. Going hard and quick can be demotivating when you run out of energy and see you haven't got too far. I think i trained pretty hard in the first 4 months but since then it's been a lot less intense and easy going.

You're absolutely right- its far better to make slow but steady progress for years on end rather than good progress for a month or two but quit because you are demoralised at how slowly things improve despite the massive effort you are putting in.

I think the best policy is to train intensely when you have the motivation and then to just keep rolling along with bare minimum workouts when you are feeling demotivated and tempted to quit. Thats the important bit though, to keep at least maintenance workouts going even if you feel like quitting or you will just keep going backwards and forwards but remaining largely on the same spot overall.
Original post by In One Ear
You're absolutely right- its far better to make slow but steady progress for years on end rather than good progress for a month or two but quit because you are demoralised at how slowly things improve despite the massive effort you are putting in.

I think the best policy is to train intensely when you have the motivation and then to just keep rolling along with bare minimum workouts when you are feeling demotivated and tempted to quit. Thats the important bit though, to keep at least maintenance workouts going even if you feel like quitting or you will just keep going backwards and forwards but remaining largely on the same spot overall.

Agree. Even if you're not up for it, a whole week at 50% deload is still beneficial and keeps you ticking over. 50% is shockingly low but you're still training the same motions. Training and progress is cumulative.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 458

Thank you!

Master ninja, is there a way to work my obliques? I hate love handles (ergh) : (

I do mostly run; so general weight lost is not really a problem, but "it's the not being lean on the "love handles" part" is an issue for me : /

I know you can't "spot reduce", but any suggestion is welcome.
Original post by kka25
Thank you!

Master ninja, is there a way to work my obliques? I hate love handles (ergh) : (

I do mostly run; so general weight lost is not really a problem, but "it's the not being lean on the "love handles" part" is an issue for me : /

I know you can't "spot reduce", but any suggestion is welcome.

No unfortunately :frown: we carry fat in different ways. For many people the belly and lovehandles come last. You can be fit and still carry fat. Best thing it to work those muscles (your whole body) to tighten things up, then you'll look better as the fat comes down. Else you tend to lose fat as well as muscle and end up looking a bit crap.

I officially give up on pullups. They don't progress. Just doing some sets now.

Noticed my left lat is much bigger than my right. I think it's cos I have zero mind muscle connection to my left trap. I absolutely can't activate it!!! If I tense my right lat fully then it's inevitable the trap contracts too. Not so on my left. What to do?? I guess I have to switch off traps helping in pullups. How the heck am I supposed to do that...

Editted third pic above. It's the nearest thing I took to a leg shot.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest