Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    can you get any a level exam remarked?

say I got a few marks from an a would it be worth paying some money (how much does it cost?) to get it remarked in case i could get an a?

ReputationRep:
    You have to ask for a remark extremely quickly after the results are out. I think, basically, you need to get the ball rolling on it on the day of the results. However, I don't think it is worth it unless you really need the A to boost your overall grade. If you are 2 marks off the A on the paper, for example, you could just as easily get 2 or more marks into an A on another paper which would cause your overall grade for the two papers to be an A.

ReputationRep:
    I got my English coursework remarked - and as a result got a high A for it. If you feel it's worth remarking do it - as you have nothing to lose.

(Original post by waiting2smile)
    I got my English coursework remarked - and as a result got a high A for it. If you feel it's worth remarking do it - as you have nothing to lose.
    yes you do, money and it can go down

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazYa2)
    yes you do, money and it can go down
    i didn't pay anything. and i wasn't even aware that you had to pay. It's unlikely the mark will go down, i only got my coursework remarked because one of my English teachers insisted i did.

ReputationRep:
    can it go down?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)
    can it go down?
    yes it can. if they remark it, and they think that they were being too lenient last time, the mark will go down. also, they might spot mistakes that they didnt spot before.

i didn't pay anything. and i wasn't even aware that you had to pay. It's unlikely the mark will go down, i only got my coursework remarked because one of my English teachers insisted i did.
    well the school pay for it

its unlikely the mark will go down? sorry to burst your bubble but you're wrong... i think you mean its less likely the grade will go down

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazYa2)
    its unlikely the mark will go down? sorry to burst your bubble but you're wrong... i think you mean its less likely the grade will go down
    Dazya...will you just leave me alone? You sound terribly pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    Dazya...will you just leave me alone? You sound terribly pathetic.
    No he doesn't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)
    No he doesn't.
    Yes he does! How can u say he doesn't!

ReputationRep:
    His and chrisphd's replies are the 2 most informative in the topic, so I wouldn't call him pathetic. Pedantic maybe.

ReputationRep:
    i had to pay for my eng to get remarked it cost something like 50ish pounds. if ya mark goes up u get ya money back but if it doesnt they keep it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)
    His and chrisphd's replies are the 2 most informative in the topic, so I wouldn't call him pathetic. Pedantic maybe.
    I meant my remark in his overall attitude, behaviour on ukl, his demented PMs etc. If you only knew...! But you don't so i'll leave it at that.

ReputationRep:
    If you're only a few grades off a higher one, then I'd say go for it. If your overall mark does go down by a few points, it is unlikely to affect the grade.

If you do decide to go for a remark, then chase your teachers up!!! Sometimes they forget and leave it too late to send your paper off for remarking. This happened to me and my friends countless times throughout school, so make sure they remember!

ReputationRep:
    I would go for it! I was 2 marks off an A in my psychology exam and it got remarked up to 3 marks over the A grade boundaries; I got 5 extra marks.

However, one of my friends had their eng lit remarked and it went down 3/4 marks ish. On the whole tho it usually stays the same or goes up. Afterall if the marks always changed it would look bad on the exam board cos they cant mark consistently.

if ur unsure, don't get it done unless its essential u get the marks.

ReputationRep:
    ok, so a bit below grade boundary = remark
    anything else, don't bother.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)
    ok, so a bit below grade boundary = remark
    anything else, don't bother.
    How low do you think? like between 2 - 4 marks?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.