The Student Room Group

Naming a Car

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I do not name my car. I treat my car as a workhorse, and thus would be impractical to name it.
Reply 21
Original post by (:Becca(:
My car has been named the Deathmobile by my friends.

Haha... because its old and rusty, or because of your driving lol?
Original post by minimarshmallow
I don't currently own a car, but I plan to and I plan to name it.
However, cars are female and so should have female names. Have you never seen Gone in 60 Seconds? :wink:

Sweet Elenor :wink:
Original post by linkdapink
Haha, its not cool enough to be a Yasmin! Or Yvette for that matter! The only name I can think of is Yvonne haha!

Yohann. Or (alas poor) Yorick
My mum used to have a Citroen C3 in light blue, and we used to call it Bubble, because it looked a bit like a giant bubble haha.
I named my car Dorothy.
Reply 26
I have an old toyota yaris - called harris
Original post by minimarshmallow
I don't currently own a car, but I plan to and I plan to name it.
However, cars are female and so should have female names. Have you never seen Gone in 60 Seconds? :wink:

Eleanor :smile:
Reply 29
Mine is named on the basis of the last three letters on the numberplate which, although there's a vowel missing, can be pronounced as a word and also fits part of my personality. A bit odd, but someone else pointed it out and the name stuck.
My reg is a Y, and is a Yaris... so anything similar is impossible! Y is such a hard letter haha!

Calvin Yarris
(edited 11 years ago)
Haha... because its old and rusty, or because of your driving lol?

A bit of both, the engine is so old it can't go up too steep a hill anymore and combined with my road rage they're all terrified :tongue:
My motorcycle is Suzie the Suzuki. Original, eh?
Reply 33
Original post by teh_samby
My car is called Suzie. I can't remember how I thought of it, I think it just sorta sounded right.

is it a suzuki?
The Beast. I named it after my penis.
My car's a T-reg Yaris called Colin.

The name has nothing to do with anything about him, but he definitely suits being a Colin :yep:
My mum named her Nissan micra Harvey... No idea why :h:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 37
My gf named my car nelly, because she had a little toy elephant that now lives hanging off the dash and its a kind of blue-grey colour.

I'm not a fan of the name tbh, I usaully call it bitch. lol. Not to it though, unless its broken down.
Reply 38
my car was known as dusty, but then i cleaned it, she's now nameless :smile:
My cars have had names but ive kind of kept them to myself.
My current car hasnt got a name yet (had it since beginning of april, so really should have one by now) but im trying to think of one.
My last car had a name though, it was herbie-gladys. Herbie was because it kind of reminded me of herbie the beetle (in a weird sort of way), and gladys because it was a bit of a granny car. I couldnt decide which name to call it so i called it both, lol.
My first car got called thug by my grandad. Basically because the last 3 letters on the number plate where THG.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending