The Student Room Group

What is the 1000 pounds non-means tested NHS grant?

Will you receive this the day you begin the course?
Original post by maccyisback
Will you receive this the day you begin the course?

You get it once the university has confirmed your attendance (usually during Freshers Week when you register), and then I believe you get it in one lump sum with your first bursary payment (if you are eligible for it).
Reply 2
Original post by PhoenixFortune
You get it once the university has confirmed your attendance (usually during Freshers Week when you register), and then I believe you get it in one lump sum with your first bursary payment (if you are eligible for it).

When I log into BOSS and see my schedule of payments, they've divided the £1000 into a monthly figure along with the bursary and extras (dependents allowance, etc.), so it doesn't appear as if we'll get it as one lump sum, but rather spread out over the year.
Reply 3
it's monthly because it's all i get from them. the lovely people.
Original post by cherokeebee
When I log into BOSS and see my schedule of payments, they've divided the £1000 into a monthly figure along with the bursary and extras (dependents allowance, etc.), so it doesn't appear as if we'll get it as one lump sum, but rather spread out over the year.

Ah okay, I was only going by hearsay; because I'm an existing student I'm not eligible for it.
do I need to apply for the £1000
Reply 6
Original post by Josephine 12
do I need to apply for the £1000

You need to apply for the NHS to pay your tuition fees. The non-means tested bursary is part of the same application.

Quick Reply

Latest