Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tednol)
    Think Cyst has stopped replying on this thread. Think the fact I/we was/were not as 'enlightened' as her made her cross.
    Cross? There's no such thing, Tendol!

ReputationRep:
    Think Cyst has stopped replying on this thread. Think the fact I/we was/were not as 'enlightened' as her made her cross.

lol... it must be a horrible life without love, or even the possibility of love....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    Cross? There's no such thing, Tendol!
    My mistake.

ReputationRep:
    No, I simply went offline. My life is not UKL. However, I was neither what you call "cross" or "angry", neither did I claim to be "enlightened". I was simply presenting the argument that there is no rational explaniation for the ideology of "love". Therefore, it cannot exist.

The fact that you resorted to cheap laughs :-

(Original post by GIMP)
    Cross? There's no such thing,Tendol!
    to flasify my argument only proves I was correct. If you can give me some solid proof, or some form of factual scientific evidence that love exists, then I am more than willing to listen, and take on board your ideas. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    http://www.uk-learning.net/t30219.html

this not enough 4 u?

ReputationRep:
    or this

http://www.uk-learning.net/t30361.html

??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cyst)
    No, I simply went offline. My life is not UKL. However, I was neither what you call "cross" or "angry", neither did I claim to be "enlightened". I was simply presenting the argument that there is no rational explaniation for the ideology of "love". Therefore, it cannot exist.

The fact that you resorted to cheap laughs :-

to flasify my argument only proves I was correct. If you can give me some solid proof, or some form of factual scientific evidence that love exists, then I am more than willing to listen, and take on board your ideas. :rolleyes:
    Yes Cyst but you seem to have ignored the fact that your argument, in essense, is that just because we can't prove something then it can't be true. I find that argument fatally flawed.

But anyway thats not the point. I thought I'd update the people who are interested (there are some out there) on my relationship. As of last night, we are going on a "break". Personally, I feel that is the wrong word. But I've always hated labels on relationships. In practical terms, we are going to see each other every 3 to 4 weeks whilst at uni instead of every 1 to 2 weeks. We will talk on the phone slightly less, and I am free to sample the delights offered by other girls... if I so choose.

So... I wonder what happens next.

ReputationRep:
    Yup I'm in Manchester. She is in Hertfordshire. We have been together 8 months officially, nearer 12 unofficially. I'm in my first year of uni, and she is in year 13. She is having a gap year in Far East Asia, then starting at Edinburgh in 2005.

It's horrible... because at best we will have the next 3 years to get through before being able to live together and that presumes I get a job in Edinburgh.
    I think he you love each other thats a good start - but there is more to a relationship, your partner should be your best friend, and someone you have fun with and do regular stuff with too., which is why most relationships fail long distance.

My boyfriend and I see each other only at weekends cos I'm a uni. But we've been on this arrangement for a fair while and we're celebrating our first year in May.

It'll be hard when she travels for a year - recently my boyf has said he wants to go to America for a year to get his Pilot's liscence - I'd like to think we could stay together, but it wil be hard...

Anyhoo, comig back to the original question I dont think love is enough- other factors are invloved.

ReputationRep:
    Yes Cyst but you seem to have ignored the fact that your argument, in essense, is that just because we can't prove something then it can't be true. I find that argument fatally flawed.

But anyway thats not the point. I thought I'd update the people who are interested (there are some out there) on my relationship. As of last night, we are going on a "break". Personally, I feel that is the wrong word. But I've always hated labels on relationships. In practical terms, we are going to see each other every 3 to 4 weeks whilst at uni instead of every 1 to 2 weeks. We will talk on the phone slightly less, and I am free to sample the delights offered by other girls... if I so choose.

So... I wonder what happens next.

She'll fall in love at some point, and then she'll understand what it's all about.

Good luck with it Tednol - I really hope it works out.

ReputationRep:
    you wouldn't be able to live if emotions do not exist - you would just be a blob...

of course they exist - a lone caveman, never seeing another living person ever, can get angry if he can't light his fire with his 2 sticks. he can be happy if he manages to catch a big deer, or whatever. he was not taught to believe he was angry - it just happens...

(is this at all on topic?? :confused: )

ReputationRep:
    love exists in many forms...

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Cyst]No, I simply went offline. My life is not UKL. However, I was neither what you call "cross" or "angry", neither did I claim to be "enlightened". I was simply presenting the argument that there is no rational explaniation for the ideology of "love". Therefore, it cannot exist.QUOTE]

Really? So if you can't rationally explain something it doesn't exist?

So you can't explain love and it therefore doesn't exist? If that's true you won't object too much if I slaughter your entire family and bake them in pies as you don't love them. (OK you might object a bit since you "care" for them......but then again is "caring" similar to love in the "not being able to explain it so it doesn't exist department"?)

Let's find out <pulls cord and revs up chain saw>

ReputationRep:
    Love is only a feeling
    (Drifting away)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    Love is only a feeling
    (Drifting away)
    So is the extreme pain you feel when someone punches you on the nose. That doesn't make it any less real does it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    So if the extreme pain you feel when someone punches you on the nose. That doesn't make it any less real does it?
    if you believe that it is just a feeling - it doesnt hurt that much

ReputationRep:
    I had this conversation with my girlfriend over the weekend. The question I want to put to the board is this. Does having 2 people who love each other very much guarantee a distance relationship will work? Is love ever not enough? I'll post my opinion as and when, want to see what you all think first.
    Sorry but i don't think love is always enough long distance relationship or not...
    sometimes it just won't or can't work

ReputationRep:
    im sure it is, if you love someone and learn to love the things you hate/ dont like about them.

ReputationRep:
    i hope things work out for the best or you Tednol and i'm glad my post ages ago helped a bit.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if I could base a three-year separation on only a one year relationship.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    I don't know if I could base a three-year separation on only a one year relationship.
    i agree wid u ....the seperation probly says more bout it?

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.