Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ralfskini)
    I enjoy the sweet taste of bums on bloody toast. anyway catch ya later sweetheart. bumbumbum. bloody bloody bum. toast toast toast. blooming bloody toasteds. brick. bloody ****. toast. *****y bloody toasted toast.
    how was this related in any way to anything anyone has said?

ReputationRep:
    It might be enough - it might not be. But if it does, you can be very sure it's an incredible relationship and will probably last forever. It's very difficult to maintain a long distance relationship, and especially because you're so young, there are bound to be temptations on both sides. You might be better off taking a break and staying friends - that way when you're both geographically free you can have another go at it, if that's what you want. On the other hand, it's a bit defeatist just giving up. And I do know people who have decided that's the only thing to do in such circumstances and it's heartbreaking. But maybe that's better than breaking up later.
    You can try it and see but don't beat yourselves up over it if one of you is tempted to stray. Accept that may happen and that you may just drift apart. You have to work at a relationship and there will be lots of distractions so you'll need to make time to keep in touch. E-mail, instant messengers and texting make that easier anyway!
    My elder daughter has maintained a long distance relationship over nearly 2 years now despite a decision to have a break which proved impossible for them both. And my younger one will have to make a similar decision with her boyfriend when they go to uni later this year. He's now off travelling until August so she'll have some practice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cyst)
    There is no scientific or social evidence for the actual existance of "love".
    Of course there is, why would it be so accepted if there was no such thing?

Humans form extremely strong bonds with people they spend a lot of time with, this could be interpreted as love for a start.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dazmanultra)
    Of course there is, why would it be so accepted if there was no such thing?

Humans form extremely strong bonds with people they spend a lot of time with, this could be interpreted as love for a start.
    you cant prove to other people that love exist - you can only prove it to yourself as memory is a proof

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    you cant prove to other people that love exist - you can only prove it to yourself as memory is a proof
    And we all know how unreliable memory is...!

ReputationRep:
    Love is something you can't control and when you find it you just can't explain

Love is what keeps people together and able to exist when things get tough

Homework: Watch Love Actually, including the extras

ReputationRep:
    this thread has come along way...hope my comment is still relevant:

during my three years of uni i have seen a lot of relationships go by...girls come engaged, committed...and after a while they break it off...find new love...I use to call it the 'three years relationship'... thats how long it last for until they go their separate ways...

h/w there have been few who have maintained long distance relationship...it has to do not only with love but also trust, honesty and commitment!!
    there will be difficult times when the need to be near cannot be met...h/w you have to find other ways to fill the gap...

like do the unexpected...send sentimental gifts, call when you can, texts her with 'thought for today' a simple 'thinking of you' can go a far way...visit occasionally and when you do have time together 'sweep her off her feet'...

It's hardwork...but if she is worth it...then go for it!!!

btw can you remain faithful to her while she is in Asia??

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.