Turn on thread page Beta

what do you do when a friend is a compulsive liar? watch

ReputationRep:
    i have been friends witha girl for 9 years and it turns out she lies about her life and i just found out she talks about me behind my back.
    what would you do ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sheena"22")
    i have been friends witha girl for 9 years and it turns out she lies about her life and i just found out she talks about me behind my back.
    what would you do ?
    ask her why

ReputationRep:
    what would you do ?
    Kill the *****, or any suitable derivation.

Don't stand for it.

ReputationRep:
    what would you do ?
    Tread carefully. People tend not to lie for no reason. There are probably underlying causes and they may be serious.

Or she might be a *****.

ReputationRep:
    what would you do ?
    Confrontation!!! Works everytime!!

ReputationRep:
    she does it to all my friends and she is trying to separate us she did it before and because i was so gullable i ended up with nio friends???

ReputationRep:
    she does it to all my friends and she is trying to separate us she did it before and because i was so gullable i ended up with nio friends???
    Seriously, you should confront her! She's been taking advantage of your friendship for years!

ReputationRep:
    what would you do ?
    She sounds like a bit of an idiot who's missed a couple of moral lessons along the way. Sounds to me like she doesn't even see that lying has an effect on other people. Would be cool if you could make her see that. Also think you should ask her why she does it. Seems like she tells different people different things to get what she wants (or to get them to think what she wants them to think). But she may not even realise that that's what she's doing. Don't come down on her like a ton of bricks though, just ask.

ReputationRep:
    I just thought, you cannot say that she is a compulsive liar. What kind of a friend must you be if you publicise her acts on an international forum? Even if she has done wrong, how can we accept your judgement as fact, you are simply presenting a one-sided oppinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cyst)
    I just thought, you cannot say that she is a compulsive liar. What kind of a friend must you be if you publicise her acts on an international forum? Even if she has done wrong, how can we accept your judgement as fact, you are simply presenting a one-sided oppinion.
    very good point. Ask her. Not being fnny or anything, but she may seriously have something wrong with her. Its the same as people who attention seek - they NEED to do it for some reason. So all you people calling her a ***** and stuff - dont judge this girl before you know any other background stuff x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tednol)
    Tread carefully. People tend not to lie for no reason. There are probably underlying causes and they may be serious.

Or she might be a *****.
    My sister is a compulsive liar (also a claptomaniac), there is no underlying reason for her to do it, she had the same up-bringing as me and I dont do it... she is just a ***** :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    what would you do ?

talk to her about it

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.