Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I just did a test and found out my IQ was 117, im 17 years old, is that a good score?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Unless it it was a proper MENSA test then the test isn't worth anything, The internet tests are biased and are just a con tactic to get you to buy the certificates. 117 is above average but not exactly high. IQ is a load of bull though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stuartw101)
    I just did a test and found out my IQ was 117, im 17 years old, is that a good score?

Thanks
    Yes, that's a good score cleverclogs! Your IQ is your mental age/your actual agex100 (or something like that), so 100 would be the perfectly normal score. Think average people should be between 90-110. Mine was 117 the last time I did a test, that was a few years ago though - I've probably lost a few million brain cells since then!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    Unless it it was a proper MENSA test then the test isn't worth anything, The internet tests are biased and are just a con tactic to get you to buy the certificates. 117 is above average but not exactly high. IQ is a load of bull though.
    I did a unit on that in Psychology, and can agree with you on your last statement.

ReputationRep:
    I also think that IQ isn't worth much, it's just a made up thing.

ReputationRep:
    Supposedly the average is 100, which means that 50% of people have an IQ of less than that, quite worrying really! You get different scores with different tests, and the results can be affected by practice and what sort of questions you are asked. They aren't that accurate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    Aren't there two different scales as well? I only ask because I'm sure I've got two different values kicking around at home (haven't been bothreed to remember them )

Anyway IQs measure the most boring side of intellect,one dimensional answers. Far better to eloquent, articulate, funny, sociable than good at some silly little test.

ReputationRep:
    yeah i know, IQ doesnt really count for much

ReputationRep:
    I did that Test the Nation IQ thingy, and mine was sooooo poo. I decided I don't believe in it .. lol

ReputationRep:
    145 (but I cheated a bit)

ReputationRep:
    u could get into mensa with that if u didnt cheat of course

ReputationRep:
    u could get into mensa with that if u didnt cheat of course
    It was actually a test set by Mensa that I sat at home. I didn't really cheat big time but I did allow myself 15 minutes more than I should have to complete it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shazza)
    I did that Test the Nation IQ thingy, and mine was sooooo poo. I decided I don't believe in it .. lol
    I also did that but only got 98......

ReputationRep:

Thanks
    IQ tests are a load of *******s, it just labels everyone into

Mad genius
    Genius
    Normal
    Thick
    Even thicker

I am totally against IQ scores, I know a lot of people who are very intelligent, but have the personality of a prune, have no sense of humour and are socially inept. I have a lot more time for people who haven't got any qualifications, but are witty, practical, compasionate, have common sense (which a lot of very clever people lack) i.e they know the square root of a jam jar but can't take the lid off. People are more than a brain.

ReputationRep:
    ive done 2 differet IQ tests and one of them it was 111 and the other it was 122.

i dont think IQ tests are very good anyway... they just measre how good you are at IQ tests. im rubbish at spacial awareness things meself.

ReputationRep:
    i dont need a test to say im brilliant, i know it already

ReputationRep:
    I took a Mensa test at school and got 161. It's a load of crap though - you just get a crummy magazine every month and they charge you a ridiculous amount of cash to stay a member.

(Original post by Little Britain)
    I know a lot of people who are very intelligent, but have the personality of a prune, have no sense of humour and are socially inept.
    I'm more of a fig myself, but point taken.

ReputationRep:
    im 14 and my IQ is 101!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i fink i am v. smart!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alocin)
    Supposedly the average is 100, which means that 50% of people have an IQ of less than that, quite worrying really! You get different scores with different tests, and the results can be affected by practice and what sort of questions you are asked. They aren't that accurate.
    You're wrong, what if 4 people take it and get 115, 95, 95, 95. The average is 100 but 75% are below the average. Just had to point that out.

I've done testa and gotten from 120 to 150, until I sit an exam, if I ever do, I'll never know what it actually is. So easy to cheat on internet ones, and they do not follow a specification for IQ.

ReputationRep:
    112 my dad did the same test and got 105 He was mightly Peeved

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.