Your IQ? Watch

This discussion is closed.
stuartw101
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
I just did a test and found out my IQ was 117, im 17 years old, is that a good score?

Thanks
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Unless it it was a proper MENSA test then the test isn't worth anything, The internet tests are biased and are just a con tactic to get you to buy the certificates. 117 is above average but not exactly high. IQ is a load of bull though.
Amb1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by stuartw101)
I just did a test and found out my IQ was 117, im 17 years old, is that a good score?

Thanks
Yes, that's a good score cleverclogs! Your IQ is your mental age/your actual agex100 (or something like that), so 100 would be the perfectly normal score. Think average people should be between 90-110. Mine was 117 the last time I did a test, that was a few years ago though - I've probably lost a few million brain cells since then!!
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
Unless it it was a proper MENSA test then the test isn't worth anything, The internet tests are biased and are just a con tactic to get you to buy the certificates. 117 is above average but not exactly high. IQ is a load of bull though.
I did a unit on that in Psychology, and can agree with you on your last statement.
Amb1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I also think that IQ isn't worth much, it's just a made up thing.
alocin
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Supposedly the average is 100, which means that 50% of people have an IQ of less than that, quite worrying really! You get different scores with different tests, and the results can be affected by practice and what sort of questions you are asked. They aren't that accurate.
winorloose
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
Aren't there two different scales as well? I only ask because I'm sure I've got two different values kicking around at home (haven't been bothreed to remember them )

Anyway IQs measure the most boring side of intellect,one dimensional answers. Far better to eloquent, articulate, funny, sociable than good at some silly little test.
stuartw101
Rep:
?
yeah i know, IQ doesnt really count for much
shazza
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I did that Test the Nation IQ thingy, and mine was sooooo poo. I decided I don't believe in it .. lol
Howard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
145 (but I cheated a bit)
stuartw101
Rep:
?
u could get into mensa with that if u didnt cheat of course
Howard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
u could get into mensa with that if u didnt cheat of course
It was actually a test set by Mensa that I sat at home. I didn't really cheat big time but I did allow myself 15 minutes more than I should have to complete it.
Mystic
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by shazza)
I did that Test the Nation IQ thingy, and mine was sooooo poo. I decided I don't believe in it .. lol
I also did that but only got 98......
Little Britain
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

Thanks
IQ tests are a load of *******s, it just labels everyone into

Mad genius
Genius
Normal
Thick
Even thicker

I am totally against IQ scores, I know a lot of people who are very intelligent, but have the personality of a prune, have no sense of humour and are socially inept. I have a lot more time for people who haven't got any qualifications, but are witty, practical, compasionate, have common sense (which a lot of very clever people lack) i.e they know the square root of a jam jar but can't take the lid off. People are more than a brain.
Moochy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
ive done 2 differet IQ tests and one of them it was 111 and the other it was 122.

i dont think IQ tests are very good anyway... they just measre how good you are at IQ tests. im rubbish at spacial awareness things meself.
*babyjane*
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i dont need a test to say im brilliant, i know it already
Insatiable
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I took a Mensa test at school and got 161. It's a load of crap though - you just get a crummy magazine every month and they charge you a ridiculous amount of cash to stay a member.

(Original post by Little Britain)
I know a lot of people who are very intelligent, but have the personality of a prune, have no sense of humour and are socially inept.
I'm more of a fig myself, but point taken.
bobmarley
Report 14 years ago
im 14 and my IQ is 101!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i fink i am v. smart!!
john !!
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by alocin)
Supposedly the average is 100, which means that 50% of people have an IQ of less than that, quite worrying really! You get different scores with different tests, and the results can be affected by practice and what sort of questions you are asked. They aren't that accurate.
You're wrong, what if 4 people take it and get 115, 95, 95, 95. The average is 100 but 75% are below the average. Just had to point that out.

I've done testa and gotten from 120 to 150, until I sit an exam, if I ever do, I'll never know what it actually is. So easy to cheat on internet ones, and they do not follow a specification for IQ.
Sparkey
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
112 my dad did the same test and got 105 He was mightly Peeved
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (249)
91.54%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (23)
8.46%

Watched Threads