Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Its a median, not a mean, and follows a bell curve like normal distribution.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know a website so I can do a MENSA IQ TEST?
    thanx!

ReputationRep:
    iqtest.com says it is accurate to 5 points.

I got 163, genius category, not einstein though.

ReputationRep:
    there is one somewhere on
    http://www.emode.com

ReputationRep:
    Yeah emode, that has wicked tests.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shazza)
    I did that Test the Nation IQ thingy, and mine was sooooo poo. I decided I don't believe in it .. lol
    i did that, and i had 113

my brother had 112

whenever we do iq tests (ok, it's quite rare, but we've done a few) and i always beat him by one 'point'

hehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stuartw101)
    I just did a test and found out my IQ was 117, im 17 years old, is that a good score?

Thanks
    average...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bobmarley)
    im 14 and my IQ is 101!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i fink i am v. smart!!

excuse me with the big for nothing ego...when i was 14, incidently only a year ago my iq was waaaaaay higher, and i took an adult test...i still dont think im very smart...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, Mensa's ****.
    I was a member for a year, got a nice shiny membership card etc. but then realised what's the point? They're always looking for money and you may get invited to 'get togethers'. Not really my cup of tea.
    The only good thing about joining is that if you get an employer that knows nothing about the truth of IQ tests then they may be slightly impressed. Then again, I got turned down by Tesco's.

ReputationRep:
    to be honest, who cares? there are so many things more important in deciding how successful you are than whether you got a few extra or less IQ points then someone else.

ReputationRep:
    What IQ test site are you people talking about anyway?

Who else thinks the reason old people go senile is because after 40 years of losing thousand upon thousands of braincells daily, they become too retarded to think? Lol. whatever you do, dont judge my intelligence via that statement

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cannibal)
    What IQ test site are you people talking about anyway?

Who else thinks the reason old people go senile is because after 40 years of losing thousand upon thousands of braincells daily, they become too retarded to think? Lol. whatever you do, dont judge my intelligence via that statement
    They were talking about IQ tests in general.

ReputationRep:
    My IQ is about 138 which is above average i hear.

ReputationRep:
    My IQ is about 130, but I don't think it means anything. I don't take them very seriously. The C.A.Ts test we had in school in y9 I think were to test what kind of learner you were...

But I really don't think you can measure intelligence through an IQ

ReputationRep:
    I have done 2 IQ tests, i got 137 on one and 132 on another, so i decided the 1st was more accurate! LOL But i dont feel to samrt!

ReputationRep:
    I think ill take the one at iqtest.com, itll be the judge!

ReputationRep:
    I got 152 in an IQ test on net. but in terms of grades im nothing special and my AS grades are gonna suck I dont work hard for anything and im not motivated clearly IQ is a load of bull.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moochy)
    ive done 2 differet IQ tests and one of them it was 111 and the other it was 122.

i dont think IQ tests are very good anyway... they just measre how good you are at IQ tests. im rubbish at spacial awareness things meself.
    How very true. I have read a lot around shape recognition and human perception of pictures and numbers. I got a 159 and a 172 on two separate tests. IQ tests are a pile of poo and are designed to earn lots of money for MENSA and other organisations more than anything else. They most certainly do not 'measure the true value of your intelligence', but measure your ability to do IQ tests, which does not necessarily depend on any individual's intelligence.

I got 142 in an IQ test (not internet) and 6,6,7 in year 9 SAT's - i agree that IQ tests are *******s.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alocin)
    Supposedly the average is 100, which means that 50% of people have an IQ of less than that, quite worrying really! You get different scores with different tests, and the results can be affected by practice and what sort of questions you are asked. They aren't that accurate.

That is like saying it's worrying that fifty percent of people have a less than average IQ! Well of course they do!

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.