Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by Ralfskini)
    That is like saying it's worrying that fifty percent of people have a less than average IQ! Well of course they do!
    lol! Good point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ralfskini)
    That is like saying it's worrying that fifty percent of people have a less than average IQ! Well of course they do!
    Yes. What is worrying though that someone with an IQ of 120 could still be pretty dumb (not everyone, there are a number of people with lower IQs who could still come across as pretty bright, but as we've established IQ is not conclusive, I think it's fair to say that you could have stupid people getting above average IQs). This would imply that the average intelligence is not very intelligent, and therefore that we are a world of idiots. I'm okay though. MENSA gave me 162 .

ReputationRep:
    IQ is just a crap way of measuring how clever you are, surely your contributions to society are more important?

ReputationRep:
    I got 127, not too shabby

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    IQ is just a crap way of measuring how clever you are, surely your contributions to society are more important?
    More important in measuring how clever you are or just more important in general?

Precisely. I have quite a high IQ and want to be a teacher. People with lower IQ's may also become teachers - if they were a better teacher than me they would be more important to society, which is all that matters.Therefore IQ is a waste of time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    More important in measuring how clever you are or just more important in general?
    It depends what you measure cleverness, I am not too sure IQ tests measure this, I mean you could be a genius at somthing but if you're no good at doing quick calculations with shapes you would do badly in an IQ test.

ReputationRep:
    It depends what you measure cleverness, I am not too sure IQ tests measure this, I mean you could be a genius at somthing but if you're no good at doing quick calculations with shapes you would do badly in an IQ test.
    Genius and intelligence are different things. An IQ tests measures intelligence. I'm not sure that you can place that in dispute.

ReputationRep:
    I have an IQ of at least 6000. Honest.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    i agree, IQ tests don't really test that much... it's general things like logic and it's really hard to get an accurate test (and unbiased one, they do tend to do be more suited to mathematician-type people)

and IQ is completely undependent on age- the equation used to work it out is mental age/actual age *100

but hey we haven't had a good old IQ *mine is like 3000* thread for ages...

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    i agree, IQ tests don't really test that much... it's general things like logic and it's really hard to get an accurate test (and unbiased one, they do tend to do be more suited to mathematician-type people)

and IQ is completely undependent on age- the equation used to work it out is mental age/actual age *100

but hey we haven't had a good old IQ *mine is like 3000* thread for ages...

lou xxx
    They're all suited to the people who wrote them. Get a good score in an IQ test and all you've shown is that in a few rather useless questions you think the same as the author. Wow, what an achievement.

ReputationRep:
    My IQ drops 20 or 30 points every June to July. My mind probably thinks it's over-worked and goes on strike. Usually it tends to coincide with maths exams. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    thanks for pointing me to IQtest.com... I spend 10 minutes of my life clicking true or false to find out I have to pay $10...
    **** off.

"John's grandfather's daughter could be John's son's sister"

His daughter is his aunty!? Is this possible, say if John slept with his Grandma... Ugh, I am confused :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stuartw101)
    I just did a test and found out my IQ was 117, im 17 years old, is that a good score?

Thanks
    believe me or not but my results on IQ test say that I am Highly gifted and appearing to be a Genius to most others, because I am 15 years old and my score is 137.
    I dunno really how i got such score but i did,lol

ReputationRep:
    Some IQ tests you may want to try:

web.tickle.com - I got 136

International High IQ Society - I got 123

The BBCi one (look it up) - I got 128

Shows how inconsistent they are really, also IQ tests dont measure your intuitive or imaginative capabilities, which are an important part of being a "genoius" in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    im 16 and ive got an IQ of 140...according to the mensa culture fair test...

ReputationRep:
    About a year ago I did the mensa test and got 155. Still kicking myself because I made some really stupid mistakes on a couple of questions .

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I did an official mensa test when i was 15 and i got 152. I dont think that you can measure intelligence by IQ but at the same time, a lifelong shelf stacker wouldn't have a very high IQ and a research scientist wouldnt have a very low IQ. I know, i'm generalising but hey.

P.S. I got a certificate

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.