Turn on thread page Beta

Nail varnish (for girlies only) watch

Announcements

Can you tell me a really good make of nail varnish?
    Whats ur fav colour? xxx

ReputationRep:
    I hve this nail varnish from avon its dry like as soon as you put it on.

Gotta be said French manicure is the best, natural.

(Original post by Custard)

Well I'm gonna try a french manicure for my birthday...ty x

ReputationRep:
    I prefer pastel colours, baby pink, icy blue, etc.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Custard)

But french manicure can also look like you've dipped your fingers in tipex. Rimmel is pretty good.

ReputationRep:
    i use avon french manicure kit for normal every day...but if i want a speical colour i tend to use number 17..its cheep and cheerful...and works just as well.

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fritz)
    Whats ur fav colour? xxx

rimmel? and i love lilacs and golds and avon mirror shine is brill

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fritz)
    Whats ur fav colour? xxx
    well i don't know but i do know th process rimmel use to make their make up plastic cases were designed at the engineering department at exeter uni!

so remember that next time you use rimmel!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    But french manicure can also look like you've dipped your fingers in tipex. Rimmel is pretty good.
    Some people do! I have special nail varnish pen. Its really good, i don't know where I got it, it came in a pack.

I love pastels too. But all my nail varnishes chip. I love rimmels "glossing" its like a shimmery pink that goes over ur base coat. I love blue and silver too.

ReputationRep:
    I love no 7 nailvarnish it doesnt chip that easily.

ReputationRep:
    my goth friends go in for black and clear nail varnish - their scene does worry me though...

(Original post by Kurdt Morello)
    my goth friends go in for black and clear nail varnish - their scene does worry me though...
    it worries me too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fritz)
    it worries me too.
    a lot of them come from your area though - i think of a band called 'Cradle of Filth' - and grimace

ReputationRep:
    For most makeup I generally get expensive stuff but nail varnish is the exception, as I hardly ever use it and it all goes gooey after a certain amount of time - so get that botanics stuff you can buy at boots. Found it lasted longer than some hard candy and other more expensive stuff.

(Original post by fionah)
    For most makeup I generally get expensive stuff but nail varnish is the exception, as I hardly ever use it and it all goes gooey after a certain amount of time - so get that botanics stuff you can buy at boots. Found it lasted longer than some hard candy and other more expensive stuff.
    oh, i'll have a go of that as well then ty x

ReputationRep:
    i bite my nails, they dont look THAT nasty or anythin but i dont want fakies. i need to stop!

(Original post by lumpycustard)
    i bite my nails, they dont look THAT nasty or anythin but i dont want fakies. i need to stop!
    buy some of that nail-biting stopper stuff, my mum used to put it on my nail when i was like 11.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fritz)
    buy some of that nail-biting stopper stuff, my mum used to put it on my nail when i was like 11.
    but guess wot... i like the taste of it! so i end up suckin my fingers to get the taste and end up bitin again! no hope

ReputationRep:
    I like the Boots Natural Collection nail polishes. They do some nice metallic colours and it's cheap.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.