Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Dear Powers That Be,
    Might it be possible that the people who start threads also have the power to close their threads? I know that a lot of threads rely on irrelvent banter, and that is their point. But equally, some threads ask a specific question which is answered, yet continue to pop up to the top of the message list when someone feels like making an often irrelevent comment.

This is less a thread about asking for such a feature to be activated, and more asking about the feasability.

Ta.

Ed

ReputationRep:
    i doubt this is availible...but ill ask hayden.

you could always pm a mod when its ansewred.

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tednol)
    Dear Powers That Be,
    Might it be possible that the people who start threads also have the power to close their threads? I know that a lot of threads rely on irrelvent banter, and that is their point. But equally, some threads ask a specific question which is answered, yet continue to pop up to the top of the message list when someone feels like making an often irrelevent comment.

This is less a thread about asking for such a feature to be activated, and more asking about the feasability.

Ta.

Ed
    thanks tendol,

ive had a look at the vb admin control panel, and it is posible to allow the user who created the thread to close and open it.

if you would like to see this inplimented, i suggest you send a pm to d.

ReputationRep:
    Cheers Ollie and Katy! I'll think about it, and maybe put it to the forum if I think it would be a good thing.

Ed

ReputationRep:
    well i second the motion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    well i second the motion
    I'll make a poll in a sec...

ReputationRep:
    I think it's not such a good idea. Yeah it's annoying when good thread get drowned out with rubbish (brick thowing is something which particularly annoys me :mad: ) though if threads get cloesed it does mean anyone with useful information can no longer post it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loftx)
    I think it's not such a good idea. Yeah it's annoying when good thread get drowned out with rubbish (brick thowing is something which particularly annoys me :mad: ) though if threads get cloesed it does mean anyone with useful information can no longer post it.
    I agree patially, however one would only close the thread if the original poster deemed all the information required, acquired. If someone did have something to add they could always PM the poster to unlock it? If that's possible, or simply say what they have to say in the PM itself.

ReputationRep:
    I agree. And thought this should be bumped, what with all the new changes now

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.