Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z!D4N)
    go to sha tin in hong kong and try the fried pigeons there.
    grrrrr. i don't wanna do that

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't the shopping centre in Sha Tin closed or something ages ago? Or is it just me imagining things again :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sashh)
    Oooooooooo

I used to have a chinese flatmate and when I had flu he made me chicken and sweetcorn soup, it was the first thing I'd eaten in 2 days and tasted fantastic.

Mmm and I love the dumplings you buy frozen and steam.

Meerkat - I once spent a few hours in Singapore (comming back from Australia), there seemed to be food everywhere how come Singaporeans aren't all HUGE?

We've got high metabolism rates! There are fat ones but they hide at home. Heh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sashh)
    Oooooooooo

I used to have a chinese flatmate and when I had flu he made me chicken and sweetcorn soup, it was the first thing I'd eaten in 2 days and tasted fantastic.
    Hmmm..i experienced that after waiting for an appendicitis op....first thing i ate was buttered toast...loveliest food i've ever eaten...lol....

But you're right...sweetcorn soup is brilliant!

G

ReputationRep:
    Theres nothing nicer than Chinese food...in China. After having authentic Chinese food, the stuff you get from chippys here is just a bit dissapointing. I remember going to the food market in Beijing - absolutely bloomin marvellous.

MMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...dumpli ngs...*drools*...

ReputationRep:
    Thai food is the best, my parents used to have a Thai friend and she cooked for us for a few parties, no-one would eat her spiciest food though (not that I didnt try - hot!:eek: ). My entire family (save me) is good at cooking chinese food actually, despite none of us being Chinese, I just wish they would learn to cook Thai.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 18, 2004
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.