The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

MSc in Medical Ultrasound (Vascular) at Imperial College London, anyone?

Hi,

I'm about to start a master degree in medical ultrasound (vascular) in September (yay! :biggrin: only few weeks to go) at Imperial. And, I was just wondering is there anyone who can give useful advices regarding this particular course- what to expect, which one of the proposed hospital is the best for clinical placement, ect.? Maybe you've already finished your MSc and can tell me about your experience?
Reply 1
Hi Kasdeya,

wondering whether you can help...

Im planning to apply for ths MSc Medical Ultrasound (O&G route tho). But i wondered if you could share how your finding studying there so far!?

Also i dont have a typical life science degree i done a BSc in Psychology, but do have 3 month clinical experience in Cardiology (including ultrasound) and hoping to get somemore. Do you think this would be enough for entry? and are most people on the course already medical professionals?

Sorry for all questions, just need a bit of advice...

thanks,
Shez

Posted from TSR Mobile
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Hi Shez,

First of all, you've made a great choice as (I'm sure you are aware:smile:) Imperial is constantly rated as the one in the top 10 universities in the world. Therefore, it is highly competitive/selective place to get in. For example, this year in O&G group there are only 3 people. It's the best place to do your master degree, as everyone is extremely helpful and it's the only course in the UK which will provide for you the medical placement. To calm you a little bit, around 45% of the people on the course are already professionals, and the rest comes with various degrees ranging from Radiography, Bio-med, Physio to Psychology as well. So don't worry to much in advance, nonetheless take into consideration that there is a lot of physics on this course, so if you are not good with it you should start revising now:wink: Just prepared yourself to work extremely hard and be in 1000% committed to it, as it is full time course, which is 4 days a week, and you will be fine.

If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Kas.
Reply 3
Hey,

I'm considering on applying to the MSc in Medical Ultrasound (Echocardiography) after a gap year. I just wanted your opinions on how the course was, did it feel really competitive while applying? What kind of thinks could help me stand out in my application? I'd like to be an echocardiologist, what kind of job options were there for you after completing the course?

Monica
Reply 4
Hey

I am about to start my MSc Medical Ultrasound (Vascular) Imperial college London soon in October.
Is there anyone that can share their experience or maybe give me some advice on what to study prior to my registration at ICL?

Hope to hear feedback from the senior or anyone.. Thanks :smile:
Reply 5
hey

I am also about to start MSc Medical Ultrasound (Vascular) Imperial College London soon in October (yeay :smile: Is there anyone here that can share any experience about this course and maybe give me some advice ?

Hope to hear feedback from the senior and nybody.. Cant wait to go there.. hehe :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending