Turn on thread page Beta

Civilian Pilot watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    There seem to be so many threads on RAF related topics, and no one seems to be into flying in the civilian world, as private or commercial pilot. Any one else there doing a PPL?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DRS)
    There seem to be so many threads on RAF related topics, and no one seems to be into flying in the civilian world, as private or commercial pilot. Any one else there doing a PPL?
    id like to but, money!

i was thinking of becoming a civil aviation pilot but its so hard to get into ..... PPL is desirable but you need a lot of other qualities

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazYa2)
    i was thinking of becoming a civil aviation pilot but its so hard to get into ..... PPL is desirable but you need a lot of other qualities
    "PPL"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by winorloose)
    "PPL"?
    private pilots license

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikzen)
    private pilots license
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Many people are thrown off by the financial aspects, I am just approaching the end of my PPL and I estimate that I will have spent a total of £6,000 on absoloutly everything. The financial side may not be so difficult to get around as you might think, it totally depends on what school you choose and how dedicated you are to get it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DRS)
    I'd like to, but think I will have to wait till after uni, and probably pay off some debts even then. I just don't have the earing power to do something like that now. And I definatly don't want to fly liners. I was actualy thinking off trying choppers.

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.