This discussion is closed.
DRS
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
There seem to be so many threads on RAF related topics, and no one seems to be into flying in the civilian world, as private or commercial pilot. Any one else there doing a PPL?
kikzen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by DRS)
There seem to be so many threads on RAF related topics, and no one seems to be into flying in the civilian world, as private or commercial pilot. Any one else there doing a PPL?
id like to but, money!
DazYa2
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
i was thinking of becoming a civil aviation pilot but its so hard to get into ..... PPL is desirable but you need a lot of other qualities
winorloose
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by DazYa2)
i was thinking of becoming a civil aviation pilot but its so hard to get into ..... PPL is desirable but you need a lot of other qualities
"PPL"?
kikzen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by winorloose)
"PPL"?
private pilots license
winorloose
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by kikzen)
private pilots license
Thanks
DRS
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Many people are thrown off by the financial aspects, I am just approaching the end of my PPL and I estimate that I will have spent a total of £6,000 on absoloutly everything. The financial side may not be so difficult to get around as you might think, it totally depends on what school you choose and how dedicated you are to get it.
pal_sch
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by DRS)
I'd like to, but think I will have to wait till after uni, and probably pay off some debts even then. I just don't have the earing power to do something like that now. And I definatly don't want to fly liners. I was actualy thinking off trying choppers.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (168)
24.82%
Better than expected (141)
20.83%
Worse than expected (368)
54.36%

Watched Threads