The Student Room Group

Do I resit year 12? Help!

Hey, I wasn't sure where to post this so sorry if it's in the wrong section.

Basically I really can't decide what to do next year.. I didn't get the AS grades I wanted due to lack of motivation as I didn't have any career ideas. I took Biology, Geography, Maths and Physics and got BCDD respectively.
However, after my exams I went on work experience to an immunology lab and realised this was the career that appealed to me. BUT, to do any kind of biomedicine or immunology course A level Chemistry is required, which I didn't take.

So, do I resit the year taking Chemistry, Biology, Maths and Geography and watch all my friends leave for university, or carry on with year 13, stick with Biol Maths and Geog and do something like a Biology degree?

I have no doubt that I can get the grades required for Biomedicine if I get my head down, I just don't want to resit a whole year :frown: sorry for the essay.. Maybe I should have taken English! Thanks in advance for any help.
will your college allow you to pick up AS Chemistry during year 13?
You need Chemistry for nearly all science degrees, especially in Biomedical Science.

I'm retaking the year as well for similar reasons to you, I only recently became familiar with Biomedicine and it's definitely the course I want to do at uni but my AS grades weren't very good either so I'm going to retake the year.
Reply 2
Original post by HelloGoodbye
will your college allow you to pick up AS Chemistry during year 13?
You need Chemistry for nearly all science degrees, especially in Biomedical Science.

I'm retaking the year as well for similar reasons to you, I only recently became familiar with Biomedicine and it's definitely the course I want to do at uni but my AS grades weren't very good either so I'm going to retake the year.

Yeah, that was my original plan but I still need A2? :/
I know, unfortunately I only realised that after I'd picked my subjects haha.

Hmmn, I suppose a year is worth it in the end.. Good luck :smile:
Original post by Jarno
Yeah, that was my original plan but I still need A2? :/
I know, unfortunately I only realised that after I'd picked my subjects haha.

Hmmn, I suppose a year is worth it in the end.. Good luck :smile:

I think that you should retake the year if you need A2 Chemistry and you won't get very good predicted grades with your AS results if you want to apply to competitive unis :/

Thanks, you too!
Reply 4
Or, I could apply to a worse university that accepts AS chemistry.. Substituting say, Bristol (6) for Cardiff (20). Dilemma.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending