Doctor Who- Episode 1- The Asylum of the Daleks- 1/9/2012: 19:20- No Future Spoilers Watch

Poll: How do you rate this weeks episode?
Excellent (28)
38.36%
Good (30)
41.1%
Poor (13)
17.81%
Awful (2)
2.74%
This discussion is closed.
SirMasterKey
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
So it's back again. Doctor Who returns for a seventh series tonight and this is the thread to discuss the episode in. Please refrain from posting about future episodes of Dr Who. Speculation about the future belongs in this thread. WARNING: That thread does contain some minor/major spoilers in places. Keep discussion on just this episode.

Synopsis
Spoiler:
Show
Kidnapped by his oldest foe, the Doctor is forced on an impossible mission - to a place even the Daleks are too terrified to enter.... the Asylum. A planetary prison confining the most terrifying and insane of their kind, the Doctor and the Ponds must find an escape route. But with Amy and Rory's relationship in meltdown, and an army of mad Daleks closing in, it is up to the Doctor to save their lives, as well as the Pond's marriage.

BBC America
If talking about what happens in the synopsis before the episode airs please spoiler it by: [spoiler]Message here[/spoiler]

Pond Life- a nice little series of clips on what has happened with the Pond's and the Doctor in the last few months.

Trailers

A poll on the episode will be added shortly after it has aired.
PoGo HoPz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's gonna be awesome! :top:
The Optimistic Ram
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Can't wait for it. I still need to watch the rest of the Pond Life episodes. Doctor Who is the only television programme I look forward to. Come on!!

*edit - dang you Apple auto correcter!
miazmana
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If it clashes with X Factor I'm confining my sister to her bedroom. Doctor Who belongs on the flat screen!
SirMasterKey
Rep:
?
(Original post by The Optimistic Ram)
Can't wait for it. I still need to watch the rest of the Pond Life episodes. Doctor Who is the only television programme I look forwarded to. Come on!!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Ah I forgot to add a link for Pond Life will add it now.
greeneyedgirl
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
:woo: :woo: :woo:
Aula
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
:bubbles:
Davott
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Spoiler:
Show
Is it bad that in an episode involving a space prison and little squishy men in elaborate tanks, the only thing I find far-fetched is that Rory and Amy want to get divorced.

I mean, the guy waiting thousands of years and she realised he was the one she loved. I mean, you don't go through all that then just get divorced :/
greeneyedgirl
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Davott)
x
Spoiler this please NOW. NO FUTURE SPOILERS MEANS NO FUTURE SPOILERS. And future spoilers in any place should be in spoiler tags.

:rant:
boba
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
so excited
LeCal
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I don't get to watch this live at 7.20, but have to record it and watch it later. From that moment I am shutting myself away from phone, internet, and anyone who could possibly talk to me about Doctor Who. :P
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm so excited! I'll be out until about 11pm though, so I'm considering watching it when I get in. Or first thing tomorrow morning, whichever, it doesn't really matter! Either way it should be awesome
SirMasterKey
Rep:
?
(Original post by greeneyedgirl)
Spoiler this please NOW. NO FUTURE SPOILERS MEANS NO FUTURE SPOILERS. And future spoilers in any place should be in spoiler tags.

:rant:
What he had mentioned was in the synopsis so added the message now that discussion of what is inside that should be spoiler tagged!
greeneyedgirl
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by SirMasterKey)
What he had mentioned was in the synopsis so added the message now that discussion of what is inside that should be spoiler tagged!
Ta! I don't even read synopsis, that's how spoiler free I like to stay!
Davott
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by greeneyedgirl)
Ta! I don't even read synopsis, that's how spoiler free I like to stay!
Spoiler:
Show
Bit harsh warning me over paraphrasing what was said in the OP and/or paraphrasing what was said in Pond Life.

At least I now understand this thread is not for discussing the episode, it is just for:

:nutcase::nutcase::nutcase:
boba
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Spoiler:
Show
Bit harsh warning me over paraphrasing what was said in the OP and/or paraphrasing what was said in Pond Life.

At least I now understand this thread is not for discussing the episode, it is just for:

its mostly for discussing the episode after its been on. but discussion before hand that includes anything potentially spoilery (even stuff from the synopsis) is fine but should be in spoiler tags
Stiff Little Fingers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Spoiler:
Show

Well, not really - not everyone has watched Pond Life or read the synopsis, in which case they wouldn't have known that until you said it - it's a spoiler, the thread title does say no spoilers but the very least you can do is put it in spoiler tags to stop people accidentally finding out where they didn't want to until the actual episode.

It is for discussing the episode - once it's on. Discussing the episode =/= posting spoilers.
greeneyedgirl
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Spoiler:
Show

I didn't warn you, I mod F&B as my sig clearly says, and dashing as the Doctor's outfits are it doesn't make this F&B

I watched Pond Life, and while what you said may have been hinted at it was never phrased that strongly.

Like others have said this thread is discussion as and when things happen and excitement, and even on the Doctor Who speculation and discussion thread spoilers are kept in spoiler tags.
lukas1051
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I wish they'd stop killing of the Daleks once and for all "FOREVER HONESTLY THER ALL GONE DIS TYM I SWEAAAAR THIS IS FOR REALZ THEY ARE ALL DEAD WE PROMISE" and then finding some rubbish way of bringing them back.
cantstop-x
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm at work tonight until 11pm, so I'll either watch it as soon as I get home or in the morning. Or perhaps both.

Either way, I'll be avoiding here and Twitter like the plague until I've started watching!

Missing Doctor Who when it's on is one of the main reasons I dislike working Saturday nights

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Chemistry Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (263)
31.92%
The paper was reasonable (405)
49.15%
Not feeling great about that exam... (92)
11.17%
It was TERRIBLE (64)
7.77%

Watched Threads