a10
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I thought I would make this thread early so those going into A2 Maths(and those resiting in January) can prepare early and help each other if they are any difficulties! Lets all go for the best grades its possible with hard work!!

Post away guys....
a10
Rep:
?
C3 wooooooooo
a10
Rep:
?
Volumes of revolution.
Bobilina
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
This is a good idea but i can't find a thread like this for OCR Mei!
AlesanaWill
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm taking this exam in January.

How does everyone feel about it? What revision is everyone doing?

Is there anywhere we can access old past papers from (I.e. Before 2009)?

Sent via TSR Android app
a10
Rep:
?
(Original post by AlesanaWill)
I'm taking this exam in January.

How does everyone feel about it? What revision is everyone doing?

Is there anywhere we can access old past papers from (I.e. Before 2009)?

Sent via TSR Android app
revision is going great but i havent been doing it properly i will start this weekend
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I was wondering if anyone has got the the C3 OCR June 2012 paper. I really need the paper to practice . Would you please let me know urgently if you have it .

Appreciate that!
Genesis2703
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hey I am doing OCR C3 this January!!!!

I was going to make this thread, but I was paranoid that I'd make it and then i would see another thread the same and i'd look stupid.

My biggest worry for C3 is actually transformations, my teacher doesnt think they need to be taught as they are too simple, he did this with C1 as well. it is mainly when the order of transformations is specific I am confused about so help would be lovely. The rest of C3 is quite easy imo, although sometimes I get the dx/dy questions wrong :P

Is there an OCR M2 or S2 January thread, I need them also!
@103115, I have a feeling the paper I am doing as a C3 mock this week will be that paper, if it is i'll take some photos of it for you!
Kurak
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Genesis2703)
My biggest worry for C3 is actually transformations, my teacher doesnt think they need to be taught as they are too simple, he did this with C1 as well. it is mainly when the order of transformations is specific I am confused about so help would be lovely.
I am pretty sure the order only matters on transformations when you are performing both a stretch and a translation on the same axis. For example if you were translating 2 units in the positive y-direction and stretching the graph by scale factor 2 parallel to the y-axis, it would matter in which order you did it in.

At least that is how I remember it, if it is even correct :P.
Genesis2703
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Kurak)
I am pretty sure the order only matters on transformations when you are performing both a stretch and a translation on the same axis. For example if you were translating 2 units in the positive y-direction and stretching the graph by scale factor 2 parallel to the y-axis, it would matter in which order you did it in.

At least that is how I remember it, if it is even correct :P.
Hmm yeah maybe :P

Had C3 mock today (Jan 2012 paper) it was ok, but Q8 was a very hard trig question imo.

Oh and on Q9 i had an answer of 4(expression) / 2, and i didnt cancel the 2.... since i didnt realise the factor haha, since the question didnt say "find x in its simplest form" I hope that doesnt cost me a mark. If it does i'll be mad
Kurak
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

Had C3 mock today (Jan 2012 paper) it was ok, but Q8 was a very hard trig question imo.

Oh and on Q9 i had an answer of 4(expression) / 2, and i didnt cancel the 2.... since i didnt realise the factor haha, since the question didnt say "find x in its simplest form" I hope that doesnt cost me a mark. If it does i'll be mad
Yeah trigonometry questions are probably the ones I find the hardest as well, I think the trick is to just spew out identities onto the page until you find one which works .

Yeah you probably would lose a mark for that, they have to penalise people pettily somewhere otherwise everyone would be getting As and A*s .
a10
Rep:
?

the first parts wer easy the very last part was very tricky i lost marks on the last part. Got 78% on that paper with no revision as yet..

Im finding the trig identities to be the most tricky and transformations. I need to start looking at them thoroughly i want to try get 90 in c3
Kurak
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Yeah I got to get 90 in C3 and S2 in January, hopefully I can do it .
Genesis2703
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by a10)
the first parts wer easy the very last part was very tricky i lost marks on the last part. Got 78% on that paper with no revision as yet..

Im finding the trig identities to be the most tricky and transformations. I need to start looking at them thoroughly i want to try get 90 in c3
The paper was not that bad except for Q8 and 9 imo. I wouldnt mind a similar paper in January. I really want as much as possible on this unit so I have less stress in the summer with C4!!!

EDIT:
(Original post by Kurak)
Yeah I got to get 90 in C3 and S2 in January, hopefully I can do it .
I have S2 also in January, how is it going?
a10
Rep:
?
The paper was not that bad except for Q8 and 9 imo. I wouldnt mind a similar paper in January. I really want as much as possible on this unit so I have less stress in the summer with C4!!!

EDIT:

i got M1, C3, D2 in january i hate decision. Yeahh im gonna try for the best score i can achieve on c3! I hope the paper is nicee but whenever i say that its always the opposite and they are hard questions haha
Genesis2703
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by a10)
i got M1, C3, D2 in january i hate decision. Yeahh im gonna try for the best score i can achieve on c3! I hope the paper is nicee but whenever i say that its always the opposite and they are hard questions haha
C3, S2 and M2. So I have it harder than you muahaha

I've started D2 theory in class, as in we've done the 1st 2 (out of 5) chapters in the textbook, about matchings and flows. Critical Path Analysis is next but we arent doing it until after Xmas. Flows are quite annoying for me

I normally do big topic predictions (i.e. what the last couple Qs will be on) and I have a decently high % when it comes to these predictions. Managed to guess the C1,C2,S1 and M1 final question topics last year. Although I conced defeat to the D1 and FP1 exam (I did guess the type of induction proof though)

C3 will be fine, we just need to support each other :cool:
Kurak
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Did my first mock paper the other day, got around 84%. I lost pretty much all of my marks on basic knowledge recital questions, so I basically need to revise concepts and my hypothesis test answer outline, as I lost quite a few on that one too.
Genesis2703
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Kurak)
Did my first mock paper the other day, got around 84%. I lost pretty much all of my marks on basic knowledge recital questions, so I basically need to revise concepts and my hypothesis test answer outline, as I lost quite a few on that one too.
Had a mock last week on jan 2012 S2 and got 94%. I lost everymark because of messing up contuity corrections which I never really do. I also have issues with explain/wordy questions (I keep on losing marks for forgetting to use the words biased, and whenever it is "is central limit needed" I always disagree with the answer for some reason)

Is there an OCR Jan 2013 S2 thread? One of us could make one or something, since the exam is fairly soon (earlier than C3 anyway!)
Kurak
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Had a mock last week on jan 2012 S2 and got 94%. I lost everymark because of messing up contuity corrections which I never really do. I also have issues with explain/wordy questions (I keep on losing marks for forgetting to use the words biased, and whenever it is "is central limit needed" I always disagree with the answer for some reason)

Is there an OCR Jan 2013 S2 thread? One of us could make one or something, since the exam is fairly soon (earlier than C3 anyway!)
Not that I know of, I don't really post here that often
master y
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Is it on the 23rd?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (32)
16.16%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (62)
31.31%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (23)
11.62%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (16)
8.08%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (11)
5.56%
I think it's an unfair expectation (51)
25.76%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.52%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise