The Student Room Group

What are the best drinking games?

I love drinking games, and always love finding new ones! so what are your favourites?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Ring of fire! xD
and
Alphabet naming game, get one wrong take a drink ;-)

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 2
Ring of fire is amazing, yet so lethal!
From my experience, the best drinking games are those that you devise in the moment.

Basic scenario: It's Saturday night and you're in somebody's flat, watching X Factor. There is no escape.

Look for recurring actions - e.g. a contestant crying - and designate a number of shots to each one.

If you do it right, you'll have no memory of watching X Factor.
Can't beat ring of fire. All you need is a master cup and a deck of cards, then just assign your own rules for each card. At uni we had a 'nice' set of rules and more harsh ones :awesome:
Reply 5
I have never!
The rules you ask? You simply have to state something you have never done, and whoever has done it, has to drink.
It's fun, and you get to find out some awful things about people ^.^

Reply 6
Ring of fire, beer pong, cheat, shot chess.

And my own invention quick-fire shot Quarto.
Reply 7
TV show and movie drinking games are always good. The more convoluted and/or random the rules, the better.

My uni friends and I used to play "Roxanne" sometimes. You play the Police song and the boys stand and drink when Sting sings "Roxanne" and the girls do the same when he sings "put on the red light". Good times.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 8
Fives.
Reply 9
Also that one where you flip the match box is fun.
I remember playing a game called first, where the first person to drink a set Amount of drinks won a fiver from each of the people playing the game and I won it once but I was too pissed to enjoy the £30 that I won.

I wouldn't do it now but those were good times.
I went to a hen party and the bridesmaid had asked the groom a set of questions. Whenever the bride didn't say what the groom had said, she had to drink a shot. A bit like alcoholic mr & mrs. I reckon you could do it with a group of people who know each other well. So person 1 has to answer what person 2 said, person 2 answers what person 3 said, person 3 answers what person 4 said and person 4 answers what person 1 said. Etc.

Original post by iyabry
I have never!
The rules you ask? You simply have to state something you have never done, and whoever has done it, has to drink.
It's fun, and you get to find out some awful things about people ^.^

Sounds fun, but easy to cheat. Say you said 'anal' but no two people in the group had done it together, but one person had with someone else. How would anyone know unless they boasted about it? :holmes:
(edited 11 years ago)
Horse racing is a fun game
Reply 13
Original post by Clare~Bear

Sounds fun, but easy to cheat. Say you said 'anal' but no two people in the group had done it together, but one person had with someone else. How would anyone know unless they boasted about it? :holmes:

Yeah good shout, it is easy to lie! But it's way more fun if people tell the truth haha.

Reply 14
Do you know what my favourite drinking game is...........drinking! You get a drink and another and another and another and if you get so drunk that your friend has to take you home you win.
Reply 15
Original post by ihaveyourcat
Horse racing is a fun game

Absolutely awesome game!!

best if you're already tipsy so people really cheer for their horses and depending on the horses names and bets it can be hilarious!
The Withnail and I drinking game

1. Watch Withnail and I.
2. Match what they drink during the course of the film
3. *scene missing*
4. Wake up somewhere with no recollection of what happened.
Reply 17
Original post by robo donkey
The Withnail and I drinking game

1. Watch Withnail and I.
2. Match what they drink during the course of the film
3. *scene missing*
4. Wake up somewhere with no recollection of what happened.

Try this with "Leaving Las Vegas".
Original post by py0alb
Try this with "Leaving Las Vegas".

Now that's a film I really want to see, recommended beyond the drinking game?
Reply 19
Original post by robo donkey
Now that's a film I really want to see, recommended beyond the drinking game?

Yeah its a great film. Nicholas Cage is actually quite good in it, something of a miricale in itself. A bit harrowing though.

Quick Reply

Latest