Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    is gcse tech dificult to get a good grade? i have my gcses to take this year but i am really worried- we dont seem to have done any theory and am doubtful to whether cwork is up to scratch! on a scale of 1-10 how difficult is it to get a C (1 being no effort put in and 10 worked your ass for it)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ricroc)
    is gcse tech dificult to get a good grade? i have my gcses to take this year but i am really worried- we dont seem to have done any theory and am doubtful to whether cwork is up to scratch! on a scale of 1-10 how difficult is it to get a C (1 being no effort put in and 10 worked your ass for it)
    Probably about 9! i did tech and got a* and had to work very very hard.

ReputationRep:
    To get a C, probably 5 or 6. I got an A* and worked really hard, especially, on the coursework.

It's enjoyable, though, that's the thing. The satisfaction when you get the coursework finished is such a good feeling! And if you work really hard on the coursework, which is 60% of the overall grade, you can get a B or C without even taking the actual exam. I really liked it.

ReputationRep:
    I did resisistant materials, in my group there were only 3 people who got above a c but that was cos they never tried, i put quite a lot of effort in but it was easy effort, it was just time consuming, i got an A* and won the year prize for it, really cos i was the only person who did any work

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.