The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Applicants 2013 Entry

Very early, but I'm incredibly excited to get going with getting UCAS in order and finally leaving sixth form and whatnot. And of course, Nottingham is amazing! Obviously we won't be applying yet, but still!

So what courses will people be going for? And how did you all do on the 16th?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hoping to apply for economics here!! =D Anyone with me? But im just thinking to myself my AS grades are not enough :frown:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
I should've done maths, I really wanted to do economics! Politics for me, hopefully :smile: What's up, how'd you do?
Reply 3
Original post by Templar49
I should've done maths, I really wanted to do economics! Politics for me, hopefully :smile: What's up, how'd you do?

your not doing econ cause you didnt do maths at a2?
Reply 4
Well, I didn't take it at all, but I need at least an A at maths if I didn't do it at a-level, and I got a (high) B at GCSE. Besides, I think I'd have done politics and economics anyway. But yeah, maths issues.
Ahhh,the excitement of going to notts. Im actually a fresher starting this month.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Reply 6
Original post by Ps3SuperSRG
Ahhh,the excitement of going to notts. Im actually a fresher starting this month.

Aaah, lucky! :P Doing what?
Aaah, lucky! :P Doing what?

Ill be doing environmental science and ill be living in Cavendish hall:smile:
Was it the campus that won you over then? It usually is:tongue:,but obviously notts isn't all about its campus,its still a top RG uni and amongst the best globally:wink:

Reply 8
Original post by Ps3SuperSRG
Ill be doing environmental science and ill be living in Cavendish hall:smile:
Was it the campus that won you over then? It usually is:tongue:,but obviously notts isn't all about its campus,its still a top RG uni and amongst the best globally:wink:

Ah, that sounds awesome - you must have got great a levels!

Of course haha, it's beautiful! But yeah, the teaching quality swayed me a bit too :')
Ah, that sounds awesome - you must have got great a levels!

Of course haha, it's beautiful! But yeah, the teaching quality swayed me a bit too :')

I actually missed out on my offer grades,but thank god they let me on anyway. The advice id give is to make sure you work hard and don't leave it to chance!

Reply 10
Taken on board! I've got a lot of motivation for hard work after falling in love with Nottingham anyway :P
Taken on board! I've got a lot of motivation for hard work after falling in love with Nottingham anyway :P

Good luck with the next year then,and hopefully ill be seeing you in Nottingham next year!:smile:

Reply 12
Ahah, thank you! Good look with freshers year :smile:
Reply 13
Nottingham is my faaaaaaaveeeeeeee!

I'm applying for medicine :biggrin:
Hi!!!!!

Applying here for Ancient History, potentially going to be my firm if they're nice enough to give me an offer :biggrin:
I'll be applying for Politics. If they're kind enough to give me an offer it's definitely gonna be my firm. I believe it's AAB, which I'm on track for as I got 2 As (English Lang & Politics) a B (Psychology) and a C (German) this year in my AS results. Hopefully see some of you there :smile:!
Reply 16
Definitely applying for Nottingham, visiting the open day on the 15th for Psychology and Cognitive Neuroscience :smile: Can't wait!
Applying for Nottingham. :biggrin: It's probably where I want to end up going - to study Physics and Astronomy MSci or the Theoretical Astrophysics course. Haven't decided on which yet.

I got AAAA in my AS results so I'm on track.

Really liked the Uni when I looked round and it had a nice atmosphere.
Applying for Geography. In some ways I wouldn't mind a Cambridge rejection so I could come to Notts, IT'S SO GREEN!
Reply 19
I'm applying for engineering foundation year after I messed up my AS results abut but hopefully after Jan resist I will be back on track. I need to attend the open day after watching the videos on their website the campuses look beautiful ESP the Malaysia one whoaa

Quick Reply

Latest