The Student Room Group

staying at family (not parents) in the holidays

When you only get a week off from uni, do many people stay with relations who live near to uni, (other than parents)?

I'm thinking of going to Aberystwyth or Bangor, both are close to my brother by train or road, but from my current house with my parents is a several hour car journey or an even longer train journey with several changes.

In this kind of situation, do many people jsut stay at uni or go to stay with the nearer relatives? A day travelling each way drastically shortens a weeks holiday!

The only issue I might have is that my brother works abroad, for 4 weeks at a time, so it would be just my luck that he's always away. He lives with his wife-to-be and son. I get on with them but might feel as if I'm intruding if it's just her, although I would help out with the baby and cooking/cleaning.

Unfortunately at a hen night last night I found out (from his fiancee) just how horny my brother is :colondollar: so when they've only got 4 weeks together I don't wanna be cock-blocking . . . :/ even if they invite me over for the week.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
Why can't you just stay at university for a week

I imagine that lots of people will
To be honest, reading week was mostly used to visit other friends at other unis rather than going home, so plenty of people will be staying and going, so its up to you :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending