The Student Room Group

Replied to offers, but don't want to defer entry! HELP!

Hey,

Basically, I have applied to university this year but at the the time of applying I wanted to defer entry for a year, so my offers are all for 2007 entry. The reason I wanted a Gap Year was to earn some money, but now I've seen the loans and stuff available money is not a problem.

I have also replied to my offers, chosing my firm and insurance choice - but now I really want to go to uni in 2006, am I right to think there is no chance of my firm choice wanting to take me this year. As I guess they would have given all their offers and it would just be too much trouble for them.

Is it worth me phoning them to find out? Has anyone else been in the same situation?

Hayley x
xHayley18x
Hey,

Basically, I have applied to university this year but at the the time of applying I wanted to defer entry for a year, so my offers are all for 2007 entry. The reason I wanted a Gap Year was to earn some money, but now I've seen the loans and stuff available money is not a problem.

I have also replied to my offers, chosing my firm and insurance choice - but now I really want to go to uni in 2006, am I right to think there is no chance of my firm choice wanting to take me this year. As I guess they would have given all their offers and it would just be too much trouble for them.

Is it worth me phoning them to find out? Has anyone else been in the same situation?

Hayley x

it's definitely worth phoning - what have you got to lose? they aren't going to take your place away just because you asked, and you might end up with the result you want! go for it, or you will regret it.

p.s. the chance to go travelling/get work experience/get some money that you won't have to pay back to the government really wouldn't be bad if they declined your request.
Reply 2
Thanks for the quick reply! I guess it wouldn't do any harm, will just have to find the right department to phone. Will there be anyone there as it's Easter though?
x
Hmm.. It's probably less likely than if you applied for 2006 and then asked for deferred (like I did) because they think you're coming next year and thus have probably filled all their places for this year. Try not to be too disappointed if the worst happens - a gap year is a very good thing!
Reply 4
Call them nonetheless to check and explain your situation - you may be surprised.
Reply 5
ya..just call up the admission officer and check with them..or..email them and explain your situation...if they accepted you as a deferred entry...you should not have much problem starting one year ahead~~~=]
Reply 6
Just thought I should let everyone in a similar situation as me know - I emailed the admissions tutor and she said it was fine and all I have to do is let UCAS know that I will be attending in 2006 instead of 2007.
I am so relieved!
x
Reply 7
xHayley18x
Just thought I should let everyone in a similar situation as me know - I emailed the admissions tutor and she said it was fine and all I have to do is let UCAS know that I will be attending in 2006 instead of 2007.
I am so relieved!
x

You let UCAS know? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Like when I wanted to defer my offer, I informed LSE, and *they* updated UCAS. UCAS then sent me a letter confirming the change.
Reply 8
hahaz...never mind..congrats then~~=]

Latest

Trending

Trending