Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If ur good friends with sum1 of the opposite sex, then u decide 2 take it 2 the nxt level, and it doesn't work out so u break up.
    Do u think ur relationships eva gonna be the same again? (i personally think no!)
    A perplexing topic!
    talk 2 me ppl!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The man who can)
    If ur good friends with sum1 of the opposite sex, then u decide 2 take it 2 the nxt level, and it doesn't work out so u break up.
    Do u think ur relationships eva gonna be the same again? (i personally think no!)
    A perplexing topic!
    talk 2 me ppl!
    i would love to say yes but i dont think it is possible!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    i would love to say yes but i dont think it is possible!
    its possible, ive seen it happen but it takes aaaaaaaaaagggeesss

ReputationRep:
    A perplexing topic!
    talk 2 me ppl!
    Of course. I was friends with a girl for ages, then she became the first girl i ever kissed. And know we are best mates.

ReputationRep:
    A perplexing topic!
    talk 2 me ppl!
    it wil never be the same after. son food outcomes mean ur closer as friends, but it can b hard.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm.

I did ask out someone who I was great friends with, I'd developed strong feelings for her. She said she didn't feel the same, then went on to say she couldn't trust a guy as a friend because he'd just want something more. Our friendship did suffer. But now we're closer than ever, like brother and sister infact. So it ain't all bad...

ReputationRep:
    A perplexing topic!
    talk 2 me ppl!
    No the relationship changes afterward, and gawd forbid one of you still holds feelings for the other. It's possible to remain friends after but it's never the same.

ReputationRep:
    I fell in love with my best male friend, but at least he felt the same way. However, this became long distance and it was hard, very difficult on both of us.

After a while of utter bliss, we broke up and hurt each other badly. It's been nearly two years and we don't talk anymore. What hurt the most was losing him as my best friend, I had no one to turn to anymore.

As he put it, our love had been "tainted." It hurt speaking, so we both just stopped.

Painful.

ReputationRep:
    dramatic stuff :eek:

ReputationRep:
    dont bother trying to rationalise it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    dont bother trying to rationalise it
    by 'it' do you mean the female emotion?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    dramatic stuff :eek:
    I spent over six months in depression. And it was well over a year before I could even begin thinking of seeing anyone else. Even thinking of ...kissing other people would make me nauseous.

Urgh. I hope I never have to go through that in my life ever again. Famous last words.

And onto a happier topic...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurdt Morello)
    by 'it' do you mean the female emotion?
    Nah, the male mind!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deianra)
    I spent over six months in depression. And it was well over a year before I could even begin thinking of seeing anyone else. Even thinking of ...kissing other people would make me nauseous.

Urgh. I hope I never have to go through that in my life ever again. Famous last words.

Your sig doesn't help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deianra)

Yep, been there, hell I'm still there. ****, depressed now. *sigh*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infinity)
    Nah, the male mind!
    hehe - glad someone was sharp enough to pick me up on it - i reckon u women are v. complicated and that you tend to over-complicate your perception of men when really we are quite simple - simple needs etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurdt Morello)
    hehe - glad someone was sharp enough to pick me up on it - i reckon u women are v. complicated and that you tend to over-complicate your perception of men when really we are quite simple - simple needs etc.
    Yeah, that's easy enough for you to say. But when it comes down to it, you guys are so damn complicated it isn't even funny.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, that's easy enough for you to say. But when it comes down to it, you guys are so damn complicated it isn't even funny.
    maybe we run over things in our heads too often - "what if i say hello and she thinks i'm a jerk" (not what i think of) - would u prefer us to be more direct?

ReputationRep:
    Humans just are, aren't they. What's the big deal with the complications, just take things at face value I say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XTinaA)
    Humans just are, aren't they. What's the big deal with the complications, just take things at face value I say.
    never works out like that though - especially if you care too much

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 4, 2004
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.