Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infinity)
    Nice theory, however I was talking about guys! If we (females) overanalise it's the guys fault, for not being clear and throwing out mixed signals. Were left w/ no choice but to try and decipher what the hell is going on.
    maybe it is a bluff from both parties - why dont we have relationships like in the Carlsberg adverts - no talking allowed and only dancing - much less complicated and less heart-ache wondering - although the chase does intrigue me... :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XTinaA)
    I knew spinach was good for me
    yeah ... spinach ...

ReputationRep:
    The ups and downs are what makes life, I would sooner have both than neither. Better that I feel pain than nothing at all.

ReputationRep:
    The ups and downs are what makes life, I would sooner have both than neither. Better that I feel pain than nothing at all.
    nice summation my friend

ReputationRep:
    Feeling nothing is easier, I'd rather feel nothing.

ReputationRep:
    aww - dont say that

ReputationRep:
    But the ups are amazing! I wouldn't let them go! Or the downs, they remind me I'm human, and rising above it always feels grand.

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to feel nothing sometimes The downs are only bearable when you have some ups to counter them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurdt Morello)
    aww - dont say that
    Ok I won't, I take it back. But it easier to just go numb when things are going downhill. Call it a coping mechanism, it works 90% of the time.

ReputationRep:
    Ok I won't, I take it back. But it easier to just go numb when things are going downhill. Call it a coping mechanism, it works 90% of the time.
    as long as you can turn it on and off

ReputationRep:
    I find confrontation and expression better, channels the feelings. I play football and sing

Numbness, I don't think it kills the problem, just helps make it old news, but then you feel like you got unfinished business... am I making sense :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I find confrontation and expression better, channels the feelings. I play football and sing

Numbness, I don't think it kills the problem, just helps make it old news, but then you feel like you got unfinished business... am I making sense :confused:
    Grrrr! Yes you are, but I'm going to pretend you don't, now shut up before you shatter my safe haven.

ReputationRep:
    Grrrr! Yes you are, but I'm going to pretend you don't, now shut up before you shatter my safe haven.
    Ehh, the pursuit of people's problems and personalities, maybe I should be a psychiatrist...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    i would love to say yes but i dont think it is possible!
    Er, I did it, and it messed things up. But then I was only 14.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The man who can)
    If ur good friends with sum1 of the opposite sex, then u decide 2 take it 2 the nxt level, and it doesn't work out so u break up.
    Do u think ur relationships eva gonna be the same again? (i personally think no!)
    A perplexing topic!
    talk 2 me ppl!

not yet and we broke up in november....i'll tell you if it ever happends.

ReputationRep:
    I think the only media I have ever seen that shows what guys are like, well atleast I am like, is the oc..... always worried and gossiping...... but then stupid seth got the girl and i kinda lost the connection lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The man who can)
    If ur good friends with sum1 of the opposite sex, then u decide 2 take it 2 the nxt level, and it doesn't work out so u break up.
    Do u think ur relationships eva gonna be the same again? (i personally think no!)
    A perplexing topic!
    talk 2 me ppl!
    I don't think being 'just good friends' is possible. If it's just a silly drunken kiss, that can probably be laughed off but if you've had a relationship with someone and slept with them, you know each other too well to be just good friends. I think you can stay friends, but it all gets messy when one of you finds someone else. There's either loads of jealousy from the good friend because they aren't your number one anymore or the someone else just gets really Pd off that you're so close to this other person.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 4, 2004
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.