Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    There were once two scholars of the highest eminence; one of them was a Christian and the other a Muslim. The two of them would often get together and have dialogues concerning their faith, each trying to convince the other that they believed in the true faith. But it was often the case that their efforts on trying to convince the other of the truth went to waste.

The days past and the two carried on debating yielding no result, but then one day whilst in the company of each other, the learned Muslim’s aide whispered something into his ear whereupon the learned Muslim began crying in a distraught manner. His Christian friend looked to him with empathy and asked: “Surely you are a learned man who holds faith and as such no small matter would make you weep, so please tell me what is it that is so significant as to make you weep?”

Then in return the Muslim scholar replied: “My aide has just informed me of the death of the Arch Angel Gabriel truly this is enough to make any man weep.”

His Christian friend and his aide (of the Christian) then began to laugh in an arrogant manner and he the scholar began to affront his friend: “I thought it was the case that you were a learned man, how wrong I was, how is it you believe that an angel be deceased or even the arch angel for that matter?”

Upon this the learned Muslim replied: “Indeed, if it is the case that an angel cannot be deceased then how is it you propose that god himself the creator of angels be deceased.” Upon hearing this, the Christian scholar up and left.

Say: We believe in Allah and what has been revealed to us, and what was revealed to Abraham and Ishmael and Isaac and Jacob and the tribes, and what was given to Moses and Jesus and to the prophets from their Lord; we do not make any distinction between any of them, and to Him do we submit.

Qur’an Chapter 3 verse 84

ReputationRep:
    christ was a human, who had the spirit of god in him. he had to die as a sacrifice to annull the original sin incurred by adam and eve.

however, what you have written does raise some pertinent points, for example, the futility of divisions between religions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by riffraff)
    christ was a human, who had the spirit of god in him. he had to die as a sacrifice to annull the original sin incurred by adam and eve.

however, what you have written does raise some pertinent points, for example, the futility of divisions between religions.
    Yeah, why have hundreds when you can have none?

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.