The Student Room Group

Guys Where Do You Shop For Clothing?

Scroll to see replies

Jeans from Diesel are my boyfriend's favorite. they're very vintage.
Most of my t-shirts and polos are from Zegna, Hugo Boss, Ralph Lauren, American Eagle, Abercrombie & Fitch. I own a few pairs of expensive jeans (Versace and Armani). I like Prada, Bally, Ferragamo for shoes, but also places like Aldo etc. for things I can wear and don't need to worry about it getting terribly damaged. Jackets, wherever I see something I like, usually have a couple of expensive ones (Armani, Gucci etc.) and then cheaper ones from other places. Jumpers are mostly Ralph Lauren and Abercrombie & Fitch. I am most likely to spend a lot of money on accessories as they can be worn for ages (Scarves, belts etc. from places like Hermes and Louis Vuitton)
inb4 **** storm of people who will neg me because I wear expensive clothes.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by bayernmunich

HAHAha no you're just a try hard. I mean come on, buying expensive designer formal wear (for work, not pathetic student evenings) is one thing, but for everyday clothes for swanning around uni or some dingy clubs in - that IS trying too hard.

I mean if you want to be noticed (you obviously do) why don't you save your money for a better car, a better style of haircut, a house, networking lunches, and perhaps a First Class season ticket railcard.
Topman and Riverisland, don't really buy clothes from anywhere else...
Original post by its too easy
HAHAha no you're just a try hard. I mean come on, buying expensive designer formal wear (for work, not pathetic student evenings) is one thing, but for everyday clothes for swanning around uni or some dingy clubs in - that IS trying too hard.

I mean if you want to be noticed (you obviously do) why don't you save your money for a better car, a better style of haircut, a house, networking lunches, and perhaps a First Class season ticket railcard.

Lol, you don't know the first thing about me. My parents have been buying me clothes like this since I was a child, it's what I'm used to. I drive a 2012 C200 CGI, I can't get anything better because insurance companies flat out refuse to insure anything with a bigger engine than that. I have my own flat as well. I live within my means. I wouldn't buy clothes like this if I couldn't afford to or if I had better use for the money, I'm not an idiot. Also, within my social group, none of this is anything extraordinary. I'm not saying I don't want to be noticed, everyone does, but spending money isn't how I go about it. I want to be noticed by my professors, so I try my best to excel academically. I want to be noticed by girls, so I slave away at the gym.
i buy my clothes from asda

buy 1 suit get 2 free
Esprit, Gap, Banana Republic, H&M, Zara, Bershka, River Island, Burtons, Next and American Apparel.
Reply 67
I buy quite a lot from ASOS. I like their plain t-shirts and hoodies.
Jeans I usually buy from Topman, when I can find a decent pair that is, which isn't very often. I don't buy jeans all that often, I just make do with one or two pairs until they're totally worn out! Topman jeans never last long though!

Other than that I have quite a few t-shirts from various companies, like DC, Macbeth, Atticus, Vans, American Apparel. I buy shoes from the same types of places. My Macbeth shoes are my favourites!
(edited 11 years ago)
There isn't one particular brand I favour over any other although I tend to go for quality over quantity. I like to buy a lot of clothing from smaller boutiques and dye my own t-shirts so they're unique, Edwin/Levis for denim, American Apparel for a lot of basic stuff and I do like to pop into Urban Outfitters when I've got cash to splash.

I've made the mistake of buying from Topman, River Island and ASOS own brand in the past and the quality is terrible. I would never visit Primark unless looking for pieces of a fancy dress costume.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 69
Most of my nicest clothes are actually from eBay to be honest. Cheap, brandless, surprisingly often from Hong Kong, but damn good looking imo. I don't buy used stuff though. Got a nice pair of jeans from River Island last week and have a dependable pair of Levi's for what seems like forever. Some decent stuff in supermarkets if you're on a budget.
Reply 70
Original post by Wilfred Little
Diesel?

On the subject of jeans anyone ever had Armani jeans? I can imagine them being cheaply made and crap?

I have a pair of Armani Jeans which I got from TK Maxx last year. They're OK, but definitely not worth the £70 I spent on them; the sizing is a tad unrealistic (I'm a 29in waist but had to buy 32in in these) and the material isn't particularly nice.
Reply 71
Most of my t-shirts and polos are from Zegna, Hugo Boss, Ralph Lauren, American Eagle, Abercrombie & Fitch. I own a few pairs of expensive jeans (Versace and Armani). I like Prada, Bally, Ferragamo for shoes, but also places like Aldo etc. for things I can wear and don't need to worry about it getting terribly damaged. Jackets, wherever I see something I like, usually have a couple of expensive ones (Armani, Gucci etc.) and then cheaper ones from other places. Jumpers are mostly Ralph Lauren and Abercrombie & Fitch. I am most likely to spend a lot of money on accessories as they can be worn for ages (Scarves, belts etc. from places like Hermes and Louis Vuitton)

I was thinking about getting a scarf from Hermes, how long do they tend to last?
Original post by Sublatus
I was thinking about getting a scarf from Hermes, how long do they tend to last?

I bought my first Hermes scarf in Autumn 2010 and it's still in perfect condition. It depends on how well you treat it. I don't wear scarves often, but I'd predict it will last until it goes out of fashion.
Original post by Sublatus
I have a pair of Armani Jeans which I got from TK Maxx last year. They're OK, but definitely not worth the £70 I spent on them; the sizing is a tad unrealistic (I'm a 29in waist but had to buy 32in in these) and the material isn't particularly nice.

That's odd, I'm a size 36 waist normally and had to buy 34. Also I'd agree with this post, not really worth the money, but generally very comfortable.
Reply 74
I bought my first Hermes scarf in Autumn 2010 and it's still in perfect condition. It depends on how well you treat it. I don't wear scarves often, but I'd predict it will last until it goes out of fashion.

Brilliant, thanks. I was just a bit wary because whilst I've got a couple of Hermes jumpers, I've heard that they compromise on quality when making accessories.

That's odd, I'm a size 36 waist normally and had to buy 34. Also I'd agree with this post, not really worth the money, but generally very comfortable.

They are comfortable, I just found it strange that I had to go up a few sizes. I much prefer Diesel for jeans anyway.
River Island is horribly overpriced. (I've worked in more than one.) TK Maxx has a good range of pretty much everything from shirts to jumpers to jeans to shoes for knock down prices.
Mostly ASOS, Zara, River Island, French Connection and TK Maxx now.
I source my clothes directly from the sweatshops in the far east. That way you don't need to deal with the middle man.
Reply 78
Asos and BigCartel websites
Reply 79
Original post by dub for breakfast
River Island is horribly overpriced. (I've worked in more than one.) TK Maxx has a good range of pretty much everything from shirts to jumpers to jeans to shoes for knock down prices.

Yeah, I've worked there as well, and I honestly think that RI clothes are only worth buying if you get staff discount.

Quick Reply

Latest