The Student Room Group

Homophobia at work

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
No, your sexuality isn't a disability or something that makes your brain not work properly or make your ambition any less. If other people have a problem with it, remember it's their problem, not yours. In this day and age, homophobia is frowned upon by most people, and it will become more unacceptable with the changing attitudes in future too, so it should not be that much of an obstacle. And if it is, there is support and help and discrimination laws to protect you.
One of my friends is a policeman and he has a number of gay and lesbian colleagues. He says they're treated just the same was as everyone else.
Original post by Juichiro
You definately need a degree to teach at schools, to be a doctor, a lawyer, a psychologist. I just named a few. :wink:

Actually, I was once taught by someone without a degree, you can be a lawyer without a degree, we're all amateur psychologists and doctors, well...you've got me there.

Although there are instances of individuals being appointed to the post of physician without a degree of their own. Usually because they're impersonating someone else but that's another story for another time.
Reply 23
Original post by ilickbatteries
Actually, I was once taught by someone without a degree, 1-you can be a lawyer without a degree, 2-we're all amateur psychologists and doctors, well...you've got me there.

Although 3- there are instances of individuals being appointed to the post of physician without a degree of their own. Usually because they're impersonating someone else but that's another story for another time.

1 - Link?

2 - Excuse me? You have no idea of the complexity of the human body. Nor about the bloody hard work that (clinical) psychologists go through. There is a reason why the latter finishes non-stop studying at around 29 and the former at 32 aprox.

3- Proof?
Reply 24
Even if your senior or peers are homophobic as long as you don't go around advertising that you are of the gay origin, it should be irrelevant. If you suspect any grounds of homophobia and prove it say hello to $$$$
Reply 25

Are you just really bored or something?
Reply 26
Original post by M1011
Are you just really bored or something?

I could ask the same question because I don't remember talking to you.
Reply 27
Specify please. :smile:

No. I don't discuss my job in detail.
Reply 28
I could ask the same question because I don't remember talking to you.

That's the beauty of a public forum.
Reply 29
Original post by M1011
That's the beauty of a public forum.

But certainly not the beauty of all users. Lack of beauty of certain users. Where (do) you belong...
Reply 30
Original post by Mad Vlad
No. I don't discuss my job in detail.

I would like to but if I you feel embarrased it's okay. :smile: I will do some research.
Reply 31
I would like to but if I you feel embarrased it's okay. :smile: I will do some research.

I'm not embarrassed by my job. Far from it. I just don't talk about what I do or who I work with, for operational security reasons.
Reply 32

You really are bored, aren't you.
Reply 33
I'm not embarrassed by my job. Far from it. I just don't talk about what I do or who I work with, for operational security reasons.

Alright. Fair enough. :smile:

One last question (hope I am not being annoying): Is this job what you wanted to do when you started uni and is this job getting you income enough to live by yourself in a flat of your own?
Reply 34
My signature isn't hidden. Judging by your fourth question, you're able to see it.

Nobody could answer that question from a specific perspective. And yes, I am a Supermoderator.

It's more.

Digital Forensics

The internet.

Your sig is hidden.
Reply 35
Original post by Maxima
You really are bored, aren't you.

You must be bored to talk to me and get in a private conversation, aren't you?
Reply 36
But certainly not the beauty of all users. Lack of beauty of certain users. Where (do) you belong...

Hmm? Are you currently on substances?

Again, public forum, not a private conversation.
Reply 37

A private conversation which the whole of TSR can see.
Reply 38
Original post by M1011
Hmm? Are you currently on substances?

Again, public forum, not a private conversation.

WHY do you care so much who I talk to? It seems like you have nothing better to do, sir? I don't do drugs. But you surely must have a natural analogue in your brain at full potential.
Reply 39
Original post by Maxima
A private conversation which the whole of TSR can see.

Go out. You see people talking. You can hear them, HOWEVER, it does not follow that you should get in the convo nor that they should only talk to each other in the privacy of their homes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending