The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Go triple, it looks better :biggrin:

May be harder work but that's nothing at GCSE. Plus you can decide which of the three (if not all or none) sciences you want to take at A-Level.
Reply 2
XTinaA
Go triple, it looks better :biggrin:

May be harder work but that's nothing at GCSE. Plus you can decide which of the three (if not all or none) sciences you want to take at A-Level.

i dnt fink im aload 2 choose now tho, plus its 15 lessons every 2 weeks
bobmarley

I know, but when choosing time comes you'll have had a better feel for each science as opposed to them being lumped together.
Reply 4
don't places accept double award anyway though, as not everyone gets a chance to do triple - and you can still do them all at A Level if you want...
Reply 5
Triple, or maybe if ur definatly not doin science in the futre double, our A level chem group all those who did triple got As and those who did double got B or C or even lower
Reply 6
bobmarley
i need help , im 14 nd doing my opptions and im just wondering if i sould do triple science or double?????????

Do you look forward to your science lessons? If you do, do triple. If not, do double. If you dread them, consider single - but single doesn't really help you later because the gap to a level science is huge.
Reply 7
cobra01977
Triple, or maybe if ur definatly not doin science in the futre double, our A level chem group all those who did triple got As and those who did double got B or C or even lower

but aint tripple harder?
Reply 8
bobmarley

go for the double.
bobmarley
but aint tripple harder?

Yes, so it encourages hard work as opposed to laziness and mediocrity :tongue:
Reply 10
Dude
go for the double.

r u sure, and i dnt look 4ward 2 my lessons, bio is easy but the rest i h8
Reply 11
bobmarley
but aint tripple harder?

Yes but not much
Reply 12
cobra01977
Yes but not much

kk, ty u guys if ya need help find sum1 else not me, bibi
Reply 13
bobmarley
r u sure, and i dnt look 4ward 2 my lessons, bio is easy but the rest i h8

If your not a sciency person go for double, what do you like, ie what might u be interested in in the future, if its somthing non science based u'll be fine with double, double wont stop you doin anything, it just helps to do triple if ur carrying on with sciences
go for triple- its not really that much extra work, in my school we had the same number of lessons as those doing the double and still managed to fit it in ok. also it really is a great help to have done some of the extra things if you are considering taking any sciences at A level.
I picked triple, got 9 lessons a week aaahhhh
too much i think
Reply 16
yOUR_dESTINY
I picked triple, got 9 lessons a week aaahhhh
too much i think

We only did 6 lessons a week for triple, its really not that hard
Reply 17
I didn't get a choice :frown: only 1 person is doing the triple in my school and he's the first to do it, but I still won the science award out of the whole school... I would've done it if I had the choice...
I was made to do double-award science by my school, but coursework is so much easier for double-award as you only have to submit 2 marks from Biology, Physics and Chemistry. It also allows you to pick another subject to study at GCSE, so it is not dominated by the sciences
Reply 19
me!
I didn't get a choice :frown: only 1 person is doing the triple in my school and he's the first to do it, but I still won the science award out of the whole school... I would've done it if I had the choice...

At my old school when i was there you could do single double or triple, it was a timetabling nightmare so next yr they forced everyone to do double, i'm really glad i got to do triple it seemed to give you an edge over people who only did double

Latest

Trending

Trending