Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    We were only able to do double if I had had a choice I would def have done triple.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bobmarley)
    but aint tripple harder?
    its not that much harder. its good value-for-gcse, because you get 3 gcses out of it for the price of 2 and a half.

ReputationRep:
    but aint tripple harder?
    only slightly, and you actually end up with less coursework, and fewer exams, because if you did double you would probably have to do another subject as well as the sciences. so really, triple is less work.

ReputationRep:
    I did double award Science, not sure if anyone in my school did triple. Most were single or double award.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure how it works nowadays, is a long time since I did it, and we were the first ever to do it!!!
    Pluses
    I got 3 individual grades instead of 2 averaged out of 3.
    Most of my mates did triple, so I still had lessons with them
    Got much better tuition
    No idiots messing around in the lessons

Minuses
    I would have got 2 science grades above B on double whereas I got 3 C's
    I didn't get a qualification in computing (the extra science lessons took the place of the CLAIT classes the double science kids did)

If it still works the same, weigh up how good you are and if you will benefit from the higher grades by doing a lower paper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heather_1)
    I did double award Science, not sure if anyone in my school did triple. Most were single or double award.
    It's better to do Double because I was atrocious at Biology and my Chemistry/Physics marks balanced my mark upwards. Also, it frees up another one of your options so you have more variety in your GCSEs and variety is rather good, you know.

Don't waste your GCSE options

ReputationRep:
    I only did triple because I was going to be a paediatrician (can't even spell it so ouldn't have been much good) and now I am doing design. I still think it is too early to pick your options, you really don't know what you want from life!!!

ReputationRep:
    I got offered triple in school but I detest Science and I chose Double. I'm much happier now. I get to skip Bio classes. Now I wanna skip Physics heh

ReputationRep:
    i need help , im 14 nd doing my opptions and im just wondering if i sould do triple science or double?????????
    Well in my school all of the top set (there were six sets) did triple and the rest did double. Nearly everyone doing triple got BBB or lower and a lot of people in the second highest sets who did double got A*A* or AA. But it was partly down to CRAP teachers. So if you like science a lot do triple. If not then do double coz there's a lot of boring shite, esp chem and phys.

ReputationRep:
    i need help , im 14 nd doing my opptions and im just wondering if i sould do triple science or double?????????

You get to do triple no fair! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    it really depends on you
    double is 2 exams, 2 courseworks and triple is 6 exam and coursework only for 1 extra GCSE, if you have the time and the determentation chose triple, if not i advise you choose double because you will get fed up easily. if u wanna futur education in science i think you should try to take triple.there are about few more subjects that coverd by triple not double, so it's not that bad. bio is the easiest yes, but you still have to study chem and phy in double.
    so make ur mind up before you reliaze it is 2 late.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shushimeng)
    it really depends on you
    double is 2 exams, 2 courseworks and triple is 6 exam and coursework only for 1 extra GCSE, if you have the time and the determentation chose triple, if not i advise you choose double because you will get fed up easily. if u wanna futur education in science i think you should try to take triple.there are about few more subjects that coverd by triple not double, so it's not that bad. bio is the easiest yes, but you still have to study chem and phy in double.
    so make ur mind up before you reliaze it is 2 late.
    We did three exams and three courseworks for double award science. Bear in mind that AS-level science courses assume knowledge of double-award science; most people do double anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cobra01977)
    Triple, or maybe if ur definatly not doin science in the futre double, our A level chem group all those who did triple got As and those who did double got B or C or even lower
    I did double and got AA. It just depends. I do believe good coursework can set you up for good grades. I did good coursework.

If you plan on doing science, do triple. If you don't, do double. You should be able to get near to an A at double, if you're being entered for triple.

ReputationRep:
    At our school we have exactly the same time allocation for triple as double (9 30 minute lessons per week).

If you are good at science and enjoy, go for it, it is significantly more challenging and is a big help when you go onto AS (or so I'm told). Though it is still perfectly do-able (over 80% who take it in our school get straight A*s)

They shouldn't be making you decide in year 9, we chose at the end of year 10, and peeps are still swapping. If in doubt you can always drop down later.

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.