Turn on thread page Beta

modern pop music -stacy's mum? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i was just listening to this track 'stacy's mum' on radio. It is a disgrace! singing about like other people's mum for 3/4 minutes is just not right!

ReputationRep:
    that song is sick. saw it on a music channel a few days ago and was horrified.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moochy)
    that song is sick. saw it on a music channel a few days ago and was horrified.

it is disturbing that its so publicised and in the charts and everything and worse made into a pop song? Sick...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    i was just listening to this track 'stacy's mum' on radio. It is a disgrace! singing about like other people's mum for 3/4 minutes is just not right!
    I 'encountered' that song for the 1st time today and thought my ears were playing tricks on me! It's terrible! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    the subject matter isnt sick - mean wen we're young we have crushes on older people all teh time, but the "music" is truly shocking.

Can't stand all this nu-rock/punk/pop crap. Shame on you Linkin Park for starting the uprising i say!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rednirt)
    the subject matter isnt sick - mean wen we're young we have crushes on older people all teh time, but the "music" is truly shocking.

Can't stand all this nu-rock/punk/pop crap. Shame on you Linkin Park for starting the uprising i say!!!
    the lyrics are ingenious :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Dispite what u all say i think it is a wicked song with a wicked video and with wicked lyrics, its just ingenious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rednirt)

You can't put Linkin Park in the same category as Fountains of Wayne! Linkin Park are bloody awful, FoW have been around longer, and cannot be compared to this nu-metal shite. FoW are bloody good, in my humble opinion (not that it counts for much ) and just having a laugh. It's better than having all these angsty rock-shite bands like Linkin Park and all the rest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc_watson87)
    Dispite what u all say i think it is a wicked song with a wicked video and with wicked lyrics, its just ingenious.
    it's genius, it's a harmless, funny catchy pop song

ReputationRep:
    linkin park should kill themselves FoW also should kill themselves FOOLS

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it's a nice song..

ReputationRep:
    I heard about this song, and several of my friends like the song....I find it rather strange...

ReputationRep:
    imagine how much stick all the staceys of the world are gonna get! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovemonkey88)
    imagine how much stick all the staceys of the world are gonna get! lol
    lol...didnt think of that before

ReputationRep:
    Lol, am I the only one who actually likes the song?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    Lol, am I the only one who actually likes the song?
    i like it

ReputationRep:
    I haven't heard it, but because of all the fuss I went and looked the lyrics up. I was expecting much worse! What's the harm in them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpollodiablouk)
    You can't put Linkin Park in the same category as Fountains of Wayne! Linkin Park are bloody awful, FoW have been around longer, and cannot be compared to this nu-metal shite. FoW are bloody good, in my humble opinion (not that it counts for much ) and just having a laugh. It's better than having all these angsty rock-shite bands like Linkin Park and all the rest.
    Linkin Park is good man!!!
    But "Stacy's Mom" is a horrid song and should never have become popular!!!!!!
    I just happen to like "Metal"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alocin)
    I haven't heard it, but because of all the fuss I went and looked the lyrics up. I was expecting much worse! What's the harm in them?
    There isn't any. I don't know what people are getting so worked up about

ReputationRep:
    Its a good song! U all shouldnt take it so seriously!! lol
    The video is really good aswell, i think rachel hunter is stunning ... but does n e 1 know if the dude that is giving her a massage in the garden is smith off sex and the city! coz he really looks like him!! ..... ?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.