Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teamvillage)
    So you would be familiar with Mark Soden then? Saw him throw the best punch I've ever seen on a Rugby field :-)
    Yes. You should watch Aussie rugbly league if you want to watch rough tough stuff, it is an art form:
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    12 Craig Bennett (St. Helens High & Sidney Sussex)
    I know him He was apparently giving interviews to Sky too, so exciting...

ReputationRep:
    Yes. You should watch Aussie rugbly league if you want to watch rough tough stuff, it is an art form:
    I thought you weren't allowed to play if you were bleeding? (Referring to your picture)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadNatSci)
    I know him He was apparently giving interviews to Sky too, so exciting...
    That would be because he actually went to a rugby league school. As you can see with most of the players coming from 'colleges' and 'grammars' it wouldnt look too good on tv seen as there are very few ex private school pro rugby league players.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    I thought you weren't allowed to play if you were bleeding? (Referring to your picture)
    Officially your not. But the ref has to send you to the blood bin, so its until there is a stoppage or the ref notices. And lets not forget, this isnt rugby union, your avergage league player is probably countless times 'harder' than your average union player.

ReputationRep:
    Officially your not. But the ref has to send you to the blood bin, so its until there is a stoppage or the ref notices. And lets not forget, this isnt rugby union, your avergage league player is probably countless times 'harder' than your average union player.
    Yes, I've heard all about this before. I just thought that was the rules. I guess no-one's going to leave the field until they're told to if they're ok, just bleeding. Even I didn't do that on the one occasion it did happen to me! (That was hockey though, rather than rugby )

(Original post by DanMushMan)
    anyone?
    medic from my year & the year at magdalene were involved. Can't seem to find the result anywhere on the net.
    11-11 as i recall
    J

ReputationRep:
    was V.tight in the end. the last game was mens basketball, cambridge was only leading by 1 point on sunday and winner of basketball gets 2 points, so bball determined who won the trophy. very good game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foolfarian)
    11-11 as i recall
    J
    talking rubgy league which was wednesday, unless you're being sarcastic, in which case i can't tell.

(Original post by DanMushMan)
    talking rubgy league which was wednesday, unless you're being sarcastic, in which case i can't tell.
    rugby league? pah, whoever cared about that
    J
    PS I got into GKT

ReputationRep:
    J
    PS I got into GKT
    Me! (And Joey_Johns, a decent amount of people in the UK and a huge chuck of Australia)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meepmeep)
    Me! (And Joey_Johns, a decent amount of people in the UK and a huge chuck of Australia)
    Indeed. Rugby union is a minor sport in Aussie. League is the most popular.

I when down under to watch the world cup last nov. It was interesting reading the aussie papers taking the piss out of the quality in the union world cup and how it was the ex rugby league players who shone for the two finalist throughout the tournament not the union players.

There was a comparison between J.Wilkinson and A.Johns in one of the papers. It was hilarious. It was in a top trumps format. Wilkinson only won on goal kicking percentages, by about 3%. Johns took him to the cleaners on everything else

ReputationRep:
    J
    PS I got into GKT
    Well done J! Thought you were going for UCL though??

ReputationRep:
    Well done J! Thought you were going for UCL though??
    well done, did u apply to addies??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hash)
    ox 29 cam 16 i think. This is rugby union right?
    Is it hell, its Rugby League .

ReputationRep:
    J
    PS I got into GKT
    Rugby League is officially the second biggest spectator sport in the country for a domestic competition.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark_KK)
    Rugby League is officially the second biggest spectator sport in the country for a domestic competition.
    And the most popular sport in the most sports mad country in the world, Australia.

ReputationRep:
    And the most popular sport in the most sports mad country in the world, Australia.
    Last time I checked I didn't live in Australia.

ReputationRep:
    Last time I checked I didn't live in Australia.
    You live in England though. Like Mark said, the second most popular sport by attendences at domestic sport level, after football of course.

ReputationRep:
    You live in England though. Like Mark said, the second most popular sport by attendences at domestic sport level, after football of course.
    OK. But then why isn't it on TV? Not that I'm that bothered personally

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.