The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

yeah, king's are utterly **** when it comes to providing pictures. i wouldn't mind some high quality pictures of the maughan library either, i hear it's hot$$

It is. Positively orgasm enducing. Just Google image search Maughan Library.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
OppressedMass

It's all about the Round Reading Room. That place will be my office for the next three years.
Dschingis
Leftist Loonies, remember? I'll have you know that KCL is predominantly Conservative. :wink:

OK, I've heard, but that can be cured.
dazmanultra
You can also approximate pi using a fourier expansion/series, IIRC.

I can't believe that Tutus and in particular PHASE don't have any events at the beginning of June for people celebrating the end of exams.

What's PHASE?
OppressedMass

http://www.kcl.ac.uk/virtualtour/maughan.html But this is just one part. The stacks and reading areas are also very good, the tower is amazing, and the basement has a cafe. There are also special collections, and the quadrangle it's in is very well landscaped.
wooHOO http://www.kcl.ac.uk/about/structure/admin/facser/catering/isc

cafe...Later, I'll put up some pics I took myself of the ML last summer. Obviously, this is one of the coolest libraries ever. I have heard that they need more books. NO FEAR!!!!! Build those shelves and they will come.
Sounds good
yeah, king's are utterly **** when it comes to providing pictures. i wouldn't mind some high quality pictures of the maughan library either, i hear it's hot
It was when we had a KCLSU love-in overnight there in Summer 04 to campaign for 24-hour opening.

They've only just done it now, but nothing will beat hours of stuck-in-the-mud, it, moving religious books to "fiction", kiss chase and BOGIEEEEEES! in the grand old library while it was "closed" and staff and security had given up on rounding up so many people in an organised group. :wink:
Needs more books?

The upper levels of the round reading room are empty. THey should just whack random antique volumes in there, would look soooo much cooler.
Why on earth did I get negged repped for describing a KCLSU event above?
Dreadful. What did it say?
owned

3.14159265358979323846264338327950288419716939937510582097494459230781640628620899862803482534211706
,.---.
,,,, / _ `.
\\\\ / \ )
|||| /\/``-.__\/
::::/\/_
{{`-.__.-'(`(^^(^^^(^ 9 `.========='
{{{{{{ { ( ( ( ( (-----:=
{{.-'~~'-.(,(,,(,,,(__6_.'=========.
::::\/\
|||| \/\ ,-'/\
//// \ `` _/ )
'''' \ ` /
`---''

lobsterlol
,.---.
,,,, / _ `.
\\\\ / \ )
|||| /\/``-.__\/
::::/\/_
{{`-.__.-'(`(^^(^^^(^ 9 `.========='
{{{{{{ { ( ( ( ( (-----:=
{{.-'~~'-.(,(,,(,,,(__6_.'=========.
::::\/\
|||| \/\ ,-'/\
//// \ `` _/ )
'''' \ ` /
`---''

lobsterlol

:hitit:
OppressedMass
:hitit:

:lolz:
Ron Stoppable
Why on earth did I get negged repped for describing a KCLSU event above?

It seems very mean to me...just reading your post with references to Bibles and Korans, perhaps that made someone mad. Just guessing. IMO TSR should make neg reppers names show up in the "latest reputation received" bar, then maybe gratuitous neg repping would slow down.
Come on people - chat!

UCL is kicking our collective arse.

I tried farting in their thread but they just keep yapping away.
They only seem to be kicking our collective a***, and that in terms of volume, because their thread seems to have been monopolized by the same 2-3 people who pass in jokes back and forth. Lots of air.
dismal_laundry
They only seem to be kicking our collective a***, and that in terms of volume, because their thread seems to have been monopolized by the same 2-3 people who pass in jokes back and forth. Lots of air.

True. But we can still win!

Come on, you and I, let's monopolise!
Reply 219
UCL General Chat Thread is interesting :eek:
Don't hurt me :frown:

Latest