Gentlemen's League - Dramatis Personae

Watch
This discussion is closed.
4Ed
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
*clamours for attention* is there any way to pull strings with or pay compliments to people higher up the order, for promotion?

i like that shirt u're wearing today

*looks at the lowly level 2 ranking below*
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 4Ed)
*clamours for attention* is there any way to pull strings with or pay compliments to people higher up the order, for promotion?

i like that shirt u're wearing today

*looks at the lowly level 2 ranking below*
'the non-numerical ordering is random' are Mr White's words. I must say this organsisation is quite efficient
4Ed
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by waiting2smile)
'the non-numerical ordering is random' are Mr White's words. I must say this organsisation is quite efficient
ahh but there is order in chaos..... which may in fact be the most efficient method to run an organisation.

for example, the way telephone conversations are routed through telephone exchanges are random (so u could link through to Uzbekistan etc), as that has been proven to be THE most efficient method.
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 4Ed)
ahh but there is order in chaos..... which may in fact be the most efficient method to run an organisation.

for example, the way telephone conversations are routed through telephone exchanges are random (so u could link through to Uzbekistan etc), as that has been proven to be THE most efficient method.
Eventually everything spirals out of control. As for Mr White's administration it's quite evident some members are dissatisfied already...perhaps we'll witness a revolution?

p.s: have just read the history of UKL and have to grudgingly admit...it's brilliant.
The_Barman
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Eventually everything spirals out of control. As for Mr White's administration it's quite evident some members are dissatisfied already...perhaps we'll witness a revolution?
Lets hope not!!
4Ed
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
lol well the telephone exchanges are still running the same way as far as i know...

as for the revolution - all he needs it to promote certain members and they'll keep the order (in order?)
The_Barman
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 4Ed)
lol well the telephone exchanges are still running the same way as far as i know...

as for the revolution - all he needs it to promote certain members and they'll keep the order (in order?)
Keep going mate.....3more posts and you're an overlord of UKL
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 4Ed)

Promoting 'certain members' may mean his power will be undermined.
4Ed
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by The_Barman)
Keep going mate.....3more posts and you're an overlord of UKL
lol i've already lost count of how many posts u need to move up the rankings.... but still i'd like to see 4 figures on me post count!
The_Barman
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 4Ed)
lol i've already lost count of how many posts u need to move up the rankings.... but still i'd like to see 4 figures on me post count!
woo hoo another overlord....
4Ed
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
woo hoo another overlord....
bah, i'm only an exalted and worshipped member what are the limits for those now?
The_Barman
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 4Ed)
bah, i'm only an exalted and worshipped member what are the limits for those now?
awww.....dammit....that means i got AGES to go......damn the mods of UKL lol
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
awww.....dammit....that means i got AGES to go......damn the mods of UKL lol
And have a forum full of demi gods?
The_Barman
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Iluvatar)
And have a forum full of demi gods?
750 more posts and your there mate!!! Keep it going
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
750 more posts and your there mate!!! Keep it going
Iluvatar is one the longest serving members, and hasn't even reached that status yet. It just proves that its quality not quantity that counts.
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Bhaal85)
Iluvatar is one the longest serving members, and hasn't even reached that status yet. It just proves that its quality not quantity that counts.
But i wouldn't say i'm good at quality posts either!
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Bhaal85)
well said, and your also in that group
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago

p.s: have just read the history of UKL and have to grudgingly admit...it's brilliant.
I wrote it remember? Of course it is brilliant.

With regards to the doubts expressed towards my organisational skills, I feel that it is neccessary to disregard them as baseless. The hierarchy is impeccable, and internal affairs are managed efficiently. Whereas you may percieve promotions as random, there is order, and knowledge comes with station. Whereas AHS-1s and AHS-2s may not see the exact workings of the machine, be confident that it does indeed work. Leave the doers to their doing, and the thinkers to their thinking. The illuminated are watchful, and if you are worthy, you will be noticed.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Mr White)
if you are worthy, you will be noticed.
:rolleyes:
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
:rolleyes:
What do you want? A promotion?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the rest of the UK follow the Scottish Results changes announced?

Yes they should (77)
50.66%
No they should not (57)
37.5%
Abstain (18)
11.84%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise