Gentlemen's League - Dramatis Personae

Watch
This discussion is closed.
G4ry
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I got a result for The Gentlemans League today, i got the hair straightener thread; which spanned to over 3 pages removed on the grounds that it was spam and not contributing to the quality of the forum. Well done to the moderator in this circumstance for seeing the benefit.
Mr White
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
I got a result for The Gentlemans League today, i got the hair straightener thread; which spanned to over 3 pages removed on the grounds that it was spam and not contributing to the quality of the forum. Well done to the moderator in this circumstance for seeing the benefit.
Well done, AHS-3. Clearly you will go far.
TheWolf
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Mr White)
Well done, AHS-3. Clearly you will go far.
do you think ill go far mr white :cool:
Daveo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I've just noticed my promotion, Thank you Mr White.
Apollo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
just wondering, which mod deleted it?
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by boygenious)
i think you nerds are taking your nerd club a bit far now. maybe it's time someone deleted this thread.
and if i cared at all what u think, i would have asked. At least we can all spell our usernames correctly.
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by PadFoot90)
just wondering, which mod deleted it?
I don't wish to publicly say as i wouldn't want to make the mod un-popular seeing as it was over 3 pages and they may have upset someone by deleting the thread.
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
and if i cared at all what u think, i would have asked. At least we can all spell our usernames correctly.
When it gets to the stage where you go crying to moderators to delete threads where people are chatting, then you know it's shite.
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
I don't wish to publicly say as i wouldn't want to make the mod un-popular seeing as it was over 3 pages and they may have upset someone by deleting the thread.
Of course, I bet that thread must have caused extreme pain to you.
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by boygenious)
calm yourself.
It always comes down to spelling. :rolleyes:
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by bono)
When it gets to the stage where you go crying to moderators to delete threads where people are chatting, then you know it's shite.
i didn't go crying to anyone :confused:
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
i didn't go crying to anyone :confused:
I'm glad to hear it - I was referring to anyone who did.

It's pretty sad - I mean people are only wanting to chat in threads about topics, just because they don't last 5000 years and involve 200 people discussing political issues doesn't mean one has to go campaigning to the mods to delete a normal thread.

Bloody hell.
TheWolf
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by bono)

It's pretty sad - I mean people are only wanting to chat in threads about topics, just because they don't last 5000 years and involve 200 people discussing political issues doesn't mean one has to go campaigning to the mods to delete a normal thread.

Bloody hell.
ALRIGHT BONO HOWS U HANGIN
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
ALRIGHT BONO HOWS U HANGIN
Helloooo

Alright Thanks mate.
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by bono)
I didn't go crying i suggested it was for the common good. In the end it's only the moderators who can remove threads; so they're the ones to go to.
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by bono)

Bloody hell.
honestly, if u need to start a thread about hair straightener.... i cant of anything to finish that sentence
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
I didn't go crying i suggested it was for the common good. In the end it's only the moderators who can remove threads; so they're the ones to go to.
WTF?! How on earth does a thread where some people are chatting concern you? It's a bloody student forum, sometimes people are in the mood for debating, sometimes they are just in the mood for light-hearted chat.

I don't know what planet you come from, but if the only things that people talk about involve lengthy discussions and 100% seriousness then you may as well fuc* that.

Just let people chat and say what they want for god sake - stop being so pedantic.

Clearly the thread wasn't offensive and it wasn't of your concern as it didn't affect you.

Bloody pathetic.
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by bono)
WTF?! How on earth does a thread where some people are chatting concern you? It's a bloody student forum, sometimes people are in the mood for debating, sometimes they are just in the mood for light-hearted chat.

I don't know what planet you come from, but if the only things that people talk about involve lengthy discussions and 100% seriousness then you may as well fuc* that.

Just let people chat and say what they want for god sake - stop being so pedantic.

Clearly the thread wasn't offensive and it wasn't of your concern as it didn't affect you.

Bloody pathetic.
If they want to chat they can go to the UKL chat room. Why does which straightener warrant starting a thread? Why does "what colour socks should i wear tomorrow?" and so on require a thread? It does not contribute to the quality that the forum used to hold. These topics are pulling down the reputation of a forum which was once of high standards.

By the way, how do you know it didn't affect me?
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
my point is just that if i get server busy message because someone cannot make up their mind about hair products, i would be king of annoyed.
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
If they want to chat they can go to the UKL chat room. Why does which straightener warrant starting a thread? Why does "what colour socks should i wear tomorrow?" and so on require a thread? It does not contribute to the quality that the forum used to hold. These topics are pulling down the reputation of a forum which was once of high standards.

By the way, how do you know it didn't affect me?
I'm sorry, I can now understand the severe trauma that the thread must have caused, I fully sympathize with you. :rolleyes:

Go on, keeping crying to the moderators to delete threads that don't end up in 10, 000 page debates - Ironically there are also sub-forums for this, hence such "other" threads being on the main page is perfectly understandable.

As I said, if you start restricting people from just having a friendly chat and turn the forum into a serious sh*thole of political freeks, then this would inevitable lead to decline anyway.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (9)
9.78%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (60)
65.22%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (12)
13.04%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (9)
9.78%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (2)
2.17%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed