Watch
This discussion is closed.
G4ry
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by viviki)
Just dont ignore every single member of the forum lol.
I'll listen to the ones that actually type in sentences. Any mobile phone users are gone. Oh this ignore list is great, i wish i was told/discovered it earlier. I still think she's a spammer.
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
Oh excellent

Bye bye lumpy, bye dazya and a whole load of other people.

Thank you i shan't have to read their stupid posts, if i block them will i see their threads that they create?
I believe you still see their threads, but when you open them, you wont see their text in the post or replies, you still have to live with looking at the avatar and info on the left most box.
Bhaal85
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
I'll listen to the ones that actually type in sentences. Any mobile phone users are gone.
I really dispise users whom use txt language. Did you know that there is a growing trend in exams that students whom are limited by time actually resort to the use of txt language? It's stupid, unreadable and highly annoying. I hate it.
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Bhaal85)
I really dispise users whom use txt language. Did you know that there is a growing trend in exams that students whom are limited by time actually resort to the use of txt language? It's stupid, unreadable and highly annoying. I hate it.
I really hate it, it's not even quicker to type text. I hate it when people type "cool" as "kool" and "thanks" as "thanxs" and "alright" as "alrite". It's not any quicker it's the same amount of letters, and it just makes me think they are dyslexic or something.

Anyway, i'm off to watch Futurama for about half an hour.
Bhaal85
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
I really hate it, it's not even quicker to type text. I hate it when people type "cool" as "kool" and "thanks" as "thanxs" and "alright" as "alrite". It's not any quicker it's the same amount of letters, and it just makes me think they are dyslexic or something.

alrite kuul man itz bean nize ti cha8 with u c u l8r.

Add me to your ignore list. lol!!! That was a joke.

I swear its like a foreign language these days, and something unneccessary in everyday society.
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
no way!

Although I've found sometimes when I'm not concentrating I sometimes put ur and b4. Text language should stay in text messages!!

It makes me sound like a granny but I think that text language is definitely contributing to lowering standards of English. There are a lot of people here (I'm not saying I am not guilty too) who are intelligent but spell very badly. I know its only a forum but spelling correctly all the time keeps you on form for when you need to spell correctly.
Bhaal85
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by viviki)
no way!

Although I've found sometimes when I'm not concentrating I sometimes put ur and b4. Text language should stay in text messages!!

It makes me sound like a granny but I think that text language is definitely contributing to lowering standards of English. There are a lot of people here (I'm not saying I am not guilty too) who are intelligent but spell very badly. I know its only a forum but spelling correctly all the time keeps you on form for when you need to spell correctly.
Hmm :rolleyes: , that's what I meant , yes sirrreee !

Just to elaborate upon the use of txt message in exams:

http://education.guardian.co.uk/high...171317,00.html
viviki
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Thats really shocking. I cant believe anyone would hand in something written in text language. i hope they mark them down sufficiently for it.
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
alrite kuul man itz bean nize ti cha8 with u c u l8r.

Add me to your ignore list. lol!!! That was a joke.

I swear its like a foreign language these days, and something unneccessary in everyday society.
I've heard of circumstances where in a conversation face to face someone would say "lol". How pathetic.
Apollo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)

yeah, they would type the same amount of letters, just use the wrong one. The only one that saves time is "b4" which i shamefully admit i have used several times on this forum
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by PadFoot90)
yeah, they would type the same amount of letters, just use the wrong one. The only one that saves time is "b4" which i shamefully admit i have used several times on this forum
I could tolerate that, at least i can understand the rest of your sentences. Here's an example:

"right, i no this sounds kinda weird, but wudnt it b gr8 if like, the oens who talk a lot to each other were to meet one day in the city and go out?

say the ones who talk a lot int he day such as me, glitter, suz19, amb1, dude and daveo?! thatd b ace dont u think?"
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
I could tolerate that, at least i can understand the rest of your sentences. Here's an example:

"right, i no this sounds kinda weird, but wudnt it b gr8 if like, the oens who talk a lot to each other were to meet one day in the city and go out?

say the ones who talk a lot int he day such as me, glitter, suz19, amb1, dude and daveo?! thatd b ace dont u think?"
lol i read that i thought she was drunk when she posted.
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
lol i read that i thought she was drunk when she posted.
That's actually one of her posts that's actually easier to udnerstand. Why type "b" when you can type "be", it's only one extra letter. I really don't understand the laziness. That's the only thing i can put it down to.
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
That's actually one of her posts that's actually easier to udnerstand. Why type "b" when you can type "be", it's only one extra letter. I really don't understand the laziness. That's the only thing i can put it down to.
but it wud b so funny! and no 1 wud b nervous with me and glitter there! lol

theres another good one :rolleyes:
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
but it wud b so funny! and no 1 wud b nervous with me and glitter there! lol

theres another good one :rolleyes:
I could go on all day quoting her 3000+posts, but i won't bother. I think i've made my point.
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
I could go on all day quoting her 3000+posts, but i won't bother. I think i've made my point.
i agree, i am looking for this certain one... it nearly killed me
viviki
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I use cos a fair bit but I think thats my only big sin.
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
This was it. Rep to anyone who can actually tell me what it means:

hey ppl...does ne1 kno how 2 switch off at nigh 2 go 2 sleep....cos i cant an' i stay up 4 aaaaaaaaaggeeeesss tryin 2 sleep...cos i work really l8...theni m thinkin work wen i go 2 bed...an' when i'm sleepin...an it so l8 wen i do go 2 bed i dont hav time 2 relax an' stuff.....
so wot do i do???
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
This was it. Rep to anyone who can actually tell me what it means:

hey ppl...does ne1 kno how 2 switch off at nigh 2 go 2 sleep....cos i cant an' i stay up 4 aaaaaaaaaggeeeesss tryin 2 sleep...cos i work really l8...theni m thinkin work wen i go 2 bed...an' when i'm sleepin...an it so l8 wen i do go 2 bed i dont hav time 2 relax an' stuff.....
so wot do i do???
"Hello fellow forumites

I am having difficulty sleeping at night. I can not clear my head and thus it prevents me from getting to sleep. I lie in my bed staring at the ceiling at the dot that is glaring back at me. I work very late and then i decide to do some more work in my bed. Then when i go to sleep i decide to do more work. When i do go to bed i can't relax as the time has passed too quickly.

What medication can one suggest?"

This confused me:

"theni m thinkin work wen i go 2 bed...an' when i'm sleepin...an it so l8 wen i do go 2 bed i dont hav time 2 relax an' stuff..."
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
i dont know who to give rep to :eek:
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (0)
0%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (7)
63.64%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (2)
18.18%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (1)
9.09%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (1)
9.09%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise