Watch
This discussion is closed.
Mr White
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
(Original post by happysunshine)
Oh so you do now! Do I put this in my signature or something?
Yes, just put the fact that you are a member and your rank (maybe a link to this page if you're feeling dedicated).
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Mr White)
It doesn't seem fair that we have to endue 5000 posts a month from this angst-riddled loser just so that he can see his high on a list for once.
White, I just did a calculation and I'm scared. It seems Bono has this worked out perfectly.

He said he'd beat 2776 to 10000 posts. And at current post rates there's going to be 42 days before Bono overtakes 2776 at the top. And they'll both be at about 9800 posts when this happens, meaning only a small (for Bono) stretch to 10000...

This is actually worrying. It means that we have only a month and a half until Bono is at the top. When he's at the top, what will this place be like? Won't he be the most respected member on the forum by the newbies who come and see his name at the top of the post count board and he'll have loads of followers?

Something needs to be done. Won't these new people have to be educated in the purpose of the Gentlemen's League, otherwise they'll move to Bono's side?

It'll be the final step in the total degeneration of this forum.
Mr White
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
(Original post by thefish_uk)
It'll be the final step in the total degeneration of this forum.
Bono should never have been allowed to become a member, the fact that it happened does not reflect well on those in power. He was admitted under discretion - in short, according to the mods, if he did anything wrong, then he would be out, for good.

If that's the case, then why is he still here? Within a week of being a member, he was starting threads calling the mods idiots and bombarding us with his own justification for why he should be a mod. That is intolerable.
thefish_uk
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Bono should never have been allowed to become a member, the fact that it happened does not reflect well on those in power. He was admitted under discretion - in short, according to the mods, if he did anything wrong, then he would be out, for good.

If that's the case, then why is he still here? Within a week of being a member, he was starting threads calling the mods idiots and bombarding us with his own justification for why he should be a mod. That is intolerable.
Damn, a specific Anti-Bono campaign would be good, wouldn't it? But that wouldn't go down too well. What happened to the mods' warning?

If I was feeling like an ******* I'd start an anti-Bono poll. But I know he'd get his newbyish supporters coming here and tipping it in his favour, and it wouldn't reflect what would be best for the forum. And he'd forever use that as an argument against us.
gemgems89
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Can I join even though I'm not a Gentleman?
Of course! I'm not a gentleman but I'm in the mighty Gentleman's League. Just remember, anyone can join if you agree to the principles of the Gentleman's League.
happysunshine
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by gemgems89)
Of course! I'm not a gentleman but I'm in the mighty Gentleman's League. Just remember, anyone can join if you agree to the principles of the Gentleman's League.
I'm glad about that! What are the principles of the Gentleman's League?
thefish_uk
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I'm glad about that! What are the principles of the Gentleman's League?
See the first page of this thread.
musicbloke
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I'd like to join please. I am sick of all the spam on the site and this seems like a good way to combat it.

Musicboy
gemgems89
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by musicboy)
I'd like to join please. I am sick of all the spam on the site and this seems like a good way to combat it.

Musicboy
Oh, great!

You are AHS 1, dedication means promotion.

All you need to do now is change your sig appropriately.
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Something tells me my signature isn't quite appropriate anymore?
LH
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
what does AHS stand for?
say it to yourself as a word, add the word 'hole' to the end and you have a description of some of its members!
thefish_uk
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
say it to yourself as a word, add the word 'hole' to the end and you have a description of some of its members!
Bono isn't a member, and as far as I know he never will be one.

We're only trying to make the forum a better place.
gemgems89
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Tsk! What has brought that on?
LH
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago

I don't think having a group of ahses makes the forum a better place.
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago

Because I'm such a commited and knowledgeable member how exactly do we make it a better place? I mean I'm no forum angel but I think it would be fun to report posts to moderators.
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Okay, as requested, I've started a member list that can be linked to in signatures. The list will be updated as more members join.

Sire - AHS-9
Mr White - AHS-7
CurryADD - AHS-7
Gemgems89 - AHS-7
ShOcKzZ - AHS-7
2776 - AHS-7
Xenon - AHS-7
elpaw - AHS-7

thefish_uk - AHS-4
Daveo - AHS-3
Happysunshine - AHS-2
]{ingnik - AHS-1
jammyd - AHS-1
Padfoot90 - AHS-1
r316 - AHS-1
byakugan_neji - AHS-1

Should you wish to join, then send a membership request, in the form of a PM, to any Circle Seven member (the blue names), and you will be admitted into the league and issued an AHS number at their discretion. Promotion is swift, for those who are dedicated, so do not feel to disheartened is you are only given an AHS-1 rank, as that is normal for initiates.

In case you are not aware, our basic principles are the furthering of the intelligencia, the removal of spammers, idiots, malcontents and incessant annoyances, the protection of fellow members, and the superiority of the hierarchy. Should you agree with these principles, then you are a viable candidate for initiation.

Our venerable leader, Sire, is absent from this place at the present time, so, until the date of his return, the Circle Seven rules as a comittee. On a side-note, if I have missed anyone off the list, or if any other Circle Seven member initiates someone, then inform me and I will update the list.
what is the gentlemens league?
LH
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Because I'm such a commited and knowledgeable member how exactly do we make it a better place? I mean I'm no forum angel but I think it would be fun to report posts to moderators.
You don't have to be an ahs to report posts.
thefish_uk
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Don't ask me, I'm only a member lol.

I guess the idea is that we encourage intelligent posting and set an example for others to follow. And much of the League appears to be anti-Bono, myself included.
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
You don't have to be an ahs to report posts.
I know. But now I'm a member of a good gang I should start.
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Don't ask me, I'm only a member lol.

I guess the idea is that we encourage intelligent posting and set an example for others to follow. And much of the League appears to be anti-Bono, myself included.
But what's the point of this club if we're not actually going to do anything? How exactly do you encourage intelligent postings? LOL maybe I shouldn't be asking you since you're only a member!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should 'Mental health support' be included on league tables?

Yes (233)
75.4%
No (76)
24.6%

Watched Threads