Gentlemen's League - Dramatis Personae

Watch
This discussion is closed.
musicbloke
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
how do I make a link with the words "gentleman's league" like everyone elses sigs?

MB
happysunshine
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by musicboy)
how do I make a link with the words "gentleman's league" like everyone elses sigs?

MB
When you are creating your signature (I'm not sure if advanced mode has to be set) you have to click on the little hyperlink button and then type in your text, press ok and then you paste your link.
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by happysunshine)
But what's the point of this club if we're not actually going to do anything? How exactly do you encourage intelligent postings? LOL maybe I shouldn't be asking you since you're only a member!
AH, I don't know. The time may come when anybody wishing to be respected on here would have to be a member. This is a League rather than a party - a group which accepts anybody and just promotes proper use of the forum rather than facing any organised opposition. Ranks in the League, if awarded properly, might end up a better measure of respect than post count or rep.

I think the function of the League is to promote intelligent use of the forum and provide a way that newbies can find out who to respect without using post count or reputation, where people like Bono can rate highly and soon get a following which they don't deserve.

Basically, any member of the League is supposed to be respectable.
happysunshine
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by thefish_uk)
AH, I don't know. The time may come when anybody wishing to be respected on here would have to be a member. This is a League rather than a party - a group which accepts anybody and just promotes proper use of the forum rather than facing any organised opposition. Ranks in the League, if awarded properly, might end up a better measure of respect than post count or rep.

I think the function of the League is to promote intelligent use of the forum and provide a way that newbies can find out who to respect without using post count or reputation, where people like Bono can rate highly and soon get a following which they don't deserve.

Basically, any member of the League is supposed to be respectable.
Ah I get it all now. Bono does annoy me quite a bit too. He has been accepted now despite his past and doesn't exactly add anything but hundreds of posts per day. And as for post count and rep I'd agree with you that more of these often means popularity not respectability.
musicbloke
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Finally got it working
Mr White
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by musicboy)
Finally got it working
You're on the list.
Mr White
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
List updated. League now totals 36 members.
Apollo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Mr White)
List updated. League now totals 36 members.
wow how long has the league been goin?
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by PadFoot90)
wow how long has the league been goin?
A good 2 months now.
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 2776)
A good 2 months now.
pretty good, i wonder if sire will be returning soon
elpaw
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
It was concieved on the 17th December 2003
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by PadFoot90)
pretty good, i wonder if sire will be returning soon
He'll be back. They always do.

And elpaw.i.it sounded like as if was a egg being "spermtoized"
elpaw
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 2776)

dont look at me, it was all sires idea....
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 2776)

yeah he been back a couple times lol
Ollie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
dont look at me, it was all sires idea....
ive been invited to the league

waiting on whites response
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Ollie)
ive been invited to the league

Ditto, did you see the elegance of his most cordial invitation? lol. A good example of how to use a thesaraus. lol.
elpaw
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Ollie)
ive bean invited to the league

you won't get very far with spelling like that..... remember, the league is all about the furtherment of knowledge

(ok, maybe i wont get far with grammar like that.... what the hell is 'furtherment' anyway? :rolleyes: )
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
you won't get very far with spelling like that..... remember, the league is all about the furtherment of knowledge

(ok, maybe i wont get far with grammar like that.... what the hell is 'furtherment' anyway? :rolleyes: )
i dunno is it a real word
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)

Ferment?
Ollie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)

what do you mean?!? looks fine to me!

clear example of the fact that you need a mod in league if you want any real power around here!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How will you be receiving your results?

Going into school to pick them up (196)
33.39%
Receiving them online / by email (291)
49.57%
I still don't know (100)
17.04%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed