This discussion is closed.
me!
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tinykates)
HELLO
ah for some strange reason I found that post hilarious, and the reply also, lol, sorry

What does the league actually do?
Mr White
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by thefish_uk)
That's a suggestion.

We need a presence.

Is the League actually doing anything right now?
I had a plan of action. After initiating enough members, I intended to start with the pro-active insurgence, as it were. I didn't get a chance, though. My plans were interupted before they began. So, you'll have to make-do with your new leadership, and see what goals they decide to persue.
Daveo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Mr White)
I had a plan of action. After initiating enough members, I intended to start with the pro-active insurgence, as it were. I didn't get a chance, though. My plans were interupted before they began. So, you'll have to make-do with your new leadership, and see what goals they decide to persue.
Therein lies the problem, the league is swamped with members who couldn't care less about the quality of UK-L - reformation of the league with select members would be my chosen course of action.
thefish_uk
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Who do you see as being the "new leadership"?

Also, you have to ask, is there really a need for a League any more? Maybe I'm just used to it, but there doesn't seem to be that much spam since the splitting up of the forum.

I'm probably wrong though.
G4ry
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
With a "general chat" sub-forum it's now difficult to distinguish what would be classed as spam.
thefish_uk
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
With a "general chat" sub-forum it's now difficult to distinguish what would be classed as spam.
Indeed, that appears to be the problem. To some, our very conversation on here might be seen as pointless and could get in the way of them trying to read through the thread. I can't be bothered reading up on stuff I've missed, it's the same arguments.
TK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hello again.
i thought you weren't coming back!?
Mr White
Rep:
?
(Original post by Daveo)
Therein lies the problem, the league is swamped with members who couldn't care less about the quality of UK-L - reformation of the league with select members would be my chosen course of action.
Quantity should not be dismissed, AHS-4. Members who I feel are apathetic towards our cause will never be anything more than an AHS-1 or 2. That they declare allegiance to us is sufficient for them to retain membership. Those with potential are in the higher levels. Removing the 1s and 2s would accomplish nothing.
me!
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Quantity should not be dismissed, AHS-4. Members who I feel are apathetic towards our cause will never be anything more than an AHS-1 or 2. That they declare allegiance to us is sufficient for them to retain membership. Those with potential are in the higher levels. Removing the 1s and 2s would accomplish nothing.
Does this mean that I have no potential then?

I gather the league is about getting rid of spam and bascially trying to improve the quality of the average post? If so how can this be accomplished?
Daveo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yes I see your point actually - emphasis should be placed on the actions of the higher members.
Mr White
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tinykates)
i thought you weren't coming back!?
Hold that thought.
Mr White
Rep:
?
(Original post by me!)
Does this mean that I have no potential then?
Everyone has potential, my dear. Whether or not they acheive it is a seperate matter. You are new, what the future holds for you - we will see.
Apollo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
hello mr white. Are you going to take back control of the league? People are saying i am trying to, i honestly have no idea why and its starting to make me angry.
Daveo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by PadFoot90)
hello mr white. Are you going to take back control of the league? People are saying i am trying to, i honestly have no idea why and its starting to make me angry.
At least you'd be trying if you were trying to take control.
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I find it funny how a league hopes to rid of chit-chat, when there is a specific sub-forum for this in place. (General Chat)
riffraff
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by bono)
I find it funny how a league hopes to rid of chit-chat, when there is a specific sub-forum for this in place. (General Chat)
yes, it appears the league is a defunct organisation
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by riffraff)
yes, it appears the league is a defunct organisation
It has nothing to persue though, since the forum change.
Ollie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by thefish_uk)
Hmmm, White has said to me (and said that I could announce) that he believes Undertaker = Padfoot because their writing styles are the same, and Ollie e-mailed him informing him that their IPs matched too.
I don't remember doing that. Are you sure?! I wouldn't have made it up.
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Ollie)
I don't remember doing that. Are you sure?! I wouldn't have made it up.
I think it's obvious Mr White lied, it's hardly rocket science to figure that out...
Ollie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by bono)
I think it's obvious Mr White lied, it's hardly rocket science to figure that out...
i wasn't thinking of mr white.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (18)
38.3%
Take autumn exams (18)
38.3%
Look for a job (1)
2.13%
Consider an apprenticeship (1)
2.13%
Take a year out (6)
12.77%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
6.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed