The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1060
4Ed
who's howard? I don't remember him at all....
He's the one whos party trick is lighting up a fart. He is very mature.
Reply 1061
Mr White
He posts a lot in the debate subforum.

no wonder.... i havent really set foot in the darker, murkier parts of UKL...
i probably should go in from time to time :smile:
4Ed
no wonder.... i havent really set foot in the darker, murkier parts of UKL...
i probably should go in from time to time :smile:

how come? debates forum is probably the most interesting one on UKL
Reply 1063
riffraff
how come? debates forum is probably the most interesting one on UKL
But the one that stagnates the most. In one year's time we would have argued most of the world's major problems. It is stagnating as we speak now.
Reply 1064
But the one that stagnates the most. In one year's time we would have argued most of the world's major problems. It is stagnating as we speak now.

Yes, several times I've just gone back to a month-old thread, copied one of my arguments, and posted it on a new thread of the same topic, to save me repeating myself. It's happening more and more.
Reply 1065
Mr White
Yes, several times I've just gone back to a month-old thread, copied one of my arguments, and posted it on a new thread of the same topic, to save me repeating myself. It's happening more and more.
One can only debate to a certain extent, after which debating becomes pointless because you have already debated debating an already debated topic.
Reply 1066
Daveo
One can only debate to a certain extent, after which debating becomes pointless because you have already debated debating an already debated topic.

I'll have to think of something really obscure to argue about. Hmm... most of the interesting ones get censored, anyway.
Reply 1067
timeofyourlife
There are always new and interesting topics to debate, it's just that people have a limited argument-base debate wise so are more inclined to stick to the more traditional topics. This is perfectly understandable, but gets stagnant after the fourth time.

I've more or less seen everything. To make it more interesting, I tend to pick a random side of the argument to argue in favour of, sometimes criticising the very opinions I was saying myself on an identical thread 3 weeks earlier. Makes it more endearing, especially when I choose a really stupid argument to favour, ie. pro-religion.
Reply 1068
Mr White
I've more or less seen everything. To make it more interesting, I tend to pick a random side of the argument to argue in favour of, sometimes criticising the very opinions I was saying myself on an identical thread 3 weeks earlier. Makes it more endearing, especially when I choose a really stupid argument to favour, ie. pro-religion.
You must be dam good to present a pro-religious arguement with any credibility.
Reply 1069
Daveo

It's all part of the fun. Try it sometime.
Reply 1070
timeofyourlife
hmmm...our debating society's religion arguments have become so predictable, the pro-religion side try to use String Theory as evidence! Oh well, maybe there will be a day when UK-L will merely be a search engine, as all thread titles will be exhausted and the oasis of discussion runs dry.
I'm sure some members will be able to come up with continuously pointless threads.:rolleyes:
Daveo

Hmm...

Check out this debate transcript between Father Copleston and Bertrand Russell. Copleston presents some excellent arguments.

http://www.bringyou.to/apologetics/p20.htm
Mr White
It's all part of the fun. Try it sometime.

Mr White, I think it's now promotion time for me... don't you?

Now that I'm high up in another group, it begs the question why should someone such as myself stay in a clan where I'm only two places from the bottom?
Daveo
I'm sure some members will be able to come up with continuously pointless threads.:rolleyes:

:smile:
Reply 1074
bono
Evening bono. What was that smiley for?
bono

:rolleyes:
Reply 1076
happysunshine
Mr White, I think it's now promotion time for me... don't you?

Now that I'm high up in another group, it begs the question why should someone such as myself stay in a clan where I'm only two places from the bottom?

you're a bit more direct than i am :biggrin:
4Ed
you're a bit more direct than i am :biggrin:
:tongue: Didn't your mother tell you "Don't ask and you wont get?" :tongue:

What are you doing as AHS-2? Promotion for 4ed please, Mr White.
Reply 1078
happysunshine
:tongue: Didn't your mother tell you "Don't ask and you wont get?" :tongue:

no, she said 'keep quiet unless spoken to' :tongue:
4Ed
no, she said 'keep quiet unless spoken to' :tongue:

Bad woman! :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending