Being on a period Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
When im on I always feel like special and more like a female for some strange reason lol im just wondering are others like this? Also guys do you feel more attracted to a girl (as in it emphasises her femaninity or something) if she tells you shes on, or disgusted lol? Or is it all in my stupid head? :confused: Its just how I think can't explain..
Hayley_2k4
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I used to feel like that when I 1st started, when I was about 10 and a half. I think it was because nobdy else I knew had started yet, so it used to make me feel special and happy
blissy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I don't have periods anymore (woo hoo) but when I did I used to think "oooo I know something you dont ".

Now all I can think about when I walk around or am sat in a library or something is that someone in close proximity is menstruating...
(OK it's a very rare thought.. but it's still there)
amie
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Umm... I just think, "Oh, I'm on my period" and that's that, really. Sometimes it's more like, "For ****'s sake, damn period" though. In any case, it's certainly not something that makes me feel especially good!
sssh
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
When im on I always feel like special and more like a female for some strange reason lol im just wondering are others like this? Also guys do you feel more attracted to a girl (as in it emphasises her femaninity or something) if she tells you shes on, or disgusted lol? Or is it all in my stupid head? :confused: Its just how I think can't explain..

Nah, it's just what the tampax/pads manufacturers want you to feel. It's their propaganda. I usually feel exhausted/dizzy/nauseous/crippled with cramps. Oh, and hideous. If anything, having a period makes me angry about being female. I hate that something inflicted upon me by nature makes me temporarily weaker.
amie
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Oh yeah, and in my experience my male friends aren't more attracted to me if they know I'm on my period! It's just one more thing they can take the piss for.
kobrakai
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I usually wonder why the hell the pain won't go away, regardless of how many ibuprofens I've taken. And yeah, I tell my boyfriend. But only because he asks what's wrong. It's usually a 'my stomach hurts' conversation and then he'll understand.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
(Original post by sssh)
Nah, it's just what the tampax/pads manufacturers want you to feel. It's their propaganda. I usually feel exhausted/dizzy/nauseous/crippled with cramps. Oh, and hideous. If anything, having a period makes me angry about being female. I hate that something inflicted upon me by nature makes me temporarily weaker.
Yeah you see things like a curvy woman on tampon boxes lol and all them messages on the always wrappers, if youv'e seen them:p: Maybe its that! Its just a few times when Ive had period pain Ive had to tell my male friends cause it hurt a lot but after telling them I felt special for some reason :confused:
michelle9876
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I feel horrible when I'm on my period!! I'm always convinced I've "leaked" and people know and stuff... Also, hate waking up in the morning to find my sheets looking like someone was murdered in my bed!! Less often occurance now, but still.
kobrakai
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
One of my male friends, being one of only about four or five guys in our friendship group, could work out roughly when each of the girls was due on. He even planned out our camping trip around it, which was quite amusing. I did find that the guys were a bit nicer and looked after me [mine were the most painful out of everyone else's] and bought me chocolate.
amie
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by kobrakai)
One of my male friends, being one of only about four or five guys in our friendship group, could work out roughly when each of the girls was due on. He even planned out our camping trip around it, which was quite amusing. I did find that the guys were a bit nicer and looked after me [mine were the most painful out of everyone else's] and bought me chocolate.
Lucky you!

My boyfriend is generally sympathetic (and frankly, scared of me) when I'm on my period. But since I'm the only girl in a group of guys, I regularly get:

"What's wrong with you?"
"Period stuff."
"Oh, haha, Amy's on the blob!"

How mature of them! You'd never guess they were 20. And who the hell says 'on the blob'?! Bah, they just do it to wind me up, and it usually works
kobrakai
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by amie)
Lucky you!
Hah, it wasn't so lucky when they'd say 'ARE YOU ON THIS WEEK EM?' really loudly to me in the common room
Aeris
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
:congrats: Well good for you. I'm sure that's how we should all feel, feminine and proud. Unfortunately my time makes me want to rip someone's head off:mad: j/k I usually get sad and cry myself to sleep because of the pain or I take pills and feel all happy and trippy .
Blue Rose
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I just feel like '4 F sake!' But when I first started (was 11), I used to feel like my period lasted for weeks and now they only last a few days. Well, they did all along but yeah. They didn't feel like it b4.
kobrakai
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Aeris)
I usually get sad and cry myself to sleep because of the pain.
You're not alone there!
Sephrenia
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Before I used the mooncup I always used to be scared of leaking, and it showing, which really isn't nice. But now I use mooncup I can go on having a normal life, and yeah, I suppose I do feel a bit more special, but its not really all that noticable.
Sophdoph
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Usually 1st two days I'm in such a stress with the pain I just want to cry. I loved being on the pill and periods being virtually nothing, now I'm off it they are a pain again but getting used to it. I think you give off more pheremones maybe?!
Sephrenia
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by kobrakai)
You're not alone there!
definatly not, or at least when the pain is that bad
Sheen
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by blissy)
I don't have periods anymore (woo hoo)
how comes you dont have them anymore?
your lucky i wish i didnt *sighs*
michelle9876
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Medusa)
Before I used the mooncup I always used to be scared of leaking, and it showing, which really isn't nice. But now I use mooncup I can go on having a normal life, and yeah, I suppose I do feel a bit more special, but its not really all that noticable.

I have a mooncup, it still makes me feel a bit uneasy though. Not sure if you've noticed, but it still leaks if you don't change it often enough (which can be, at my heaviest stages, within an hour or 2)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (114)
26.39%
No (318)
73.61%

Watched Threads