Turn on thread page Beta

does anyone find mornings nasty? watch

Announcements

for instance college mornings..... sometimes i get to bed at about 10:30 then i read for a bit which varies, sometimes i get to bed at about 12 o clock sometimes 11 30 sometimes even 1 =/

but its the mornings, dragging myself up, washing face, goign for shower, putting clothes on steppign into the really really bright sunshine that just about makes me want to go back to bed

ReputationRep:
    yea its ****. i sometimes get my alarm to ring me at 5 in the morning, so when i wake up a look at the clock and think 'cool i can sleep for another 2 and a half hours' till i have to get to school, and i just sometimes find it easier to wake up afterwards...i dunno

(Original post by TheWolf)
    yea its ****. i sometimes get my alarm to ring me at 5 in the morning, so when i wake up a look at the clock and think 'cool i can sleep for another 2 and a half hours' till i have to get to school, and i just sometimes find it easier to wake up afterwards...i dunno
    rofl haha thats a very very poor approach to getting up in the mornings, however it did bring a smile to my face

i find the hardest bit of the whole day is just that 30 mins or so however long it takes to get up

ReputationRep:
    That's my technique. Except it's just as crap when I actually have to get up!

Ben

ReputationRep:
    It's all psycological. I know how you feel though. Somehow it feels like you've gone to sleep for longer if you wake up and then go back to sleep.

the worst thing is waking up in the mornings feeling horny

its not a good mix.

ReputationRep:
    I almost missed a 12 o'clock lecture today - that's worrying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazYa2)
    the worst thing is waking up in the mornings feeling horny

its not a good mix.
    :eek: no it isnt!

lol yeah it is but i guess if you start wackin it it kinda wakes you up
    oooo another thing i do : put earphones in my ears and listen to music

maybe gets the mind going?!

ReputationRep:

that is very good but it is almost impossible for me to find the motivation to put on my headphones after waking up! 99% of my mind when waking up is about how ****ing cold it is

ReputationRep:

and my experiences of wacking off after waking hasnt been particuarly successful,a mixture of dizziness and 'takes alot of time' summarizes it :rolleyes:

that is very good but it is almost impossible for me to find the motivation to put on my headphones after waking up! 99% of my mind when waking up is about how ****ing cold it is
    yes i agree, your body is used to covers being around it all that time and as soon as you get out of bed its like Grrrrr

ReputationRep:
    I set the alarm to 7:30am and once it goes off, I switch on the TV and put it on BBC1 or Sky News, open the curtains to allow as much light in as possible and then go back to sleep for another 20-30 minutes or so.

Oh yea, I keep the snooze on as well which goes off every 8 minutes.

ReputationRep:
    best thing to do is set the alarm for when you need to get out of bed, and then get out as soon as it goes off, no messing about

staying in bed longer will generally make you more tired...

you open the curtains? man man LOL i am so sensitive in the mornings...
    haha dude thats suicidal opening your curtains in the morning

ReputationRep:
    I hate mornings, I usually try to avoid them... i.e. go to bed at 2/3am and get up at midday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jammyd)
    I almost missed a 12 o'clock lecture today - that's worrying.
    i'm like you, keep sleeping in too long

I actually like mornings but i'm finding it difficult to sleep at the mo. Havn't seen the hours of 7am-12pm in a good few weeks and its really hacking me off now :mad:

ReputationRep:
    I really can't stand mornings either- especially having to get up at 7 to go to skool wen I usually go to bed 1/2 ish. always sooo tired! but theres so many better things to do than sleep.

ReputationRep:
    Fact: mornings suck.

ReputationRep:
    I have to admit I like mornings. Most days I get up at three or four. It is so lovely cos it is the only time of day when it is really quiet and there is no-one bugging you to do homework/washing up etc. I also prefer it in winter because it stays dark for longer and there is no stupid birdsong.

Musicboy

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.