Yearbooks Watch

This discussion is closed.
paperheart
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Why do we not have yearbooks at the end of the school ?For example, yearbooks for 6th formers?or Year11's? so we have a lists/photos of all our year groups,classmates, teachers and etc.

.. or is it just my school?
slk999
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
We do.
fiend
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
We have them at the end of 6th form, gonna cost £25 though.
Knogle
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by paperheart)
Why do we not have yearbooks at the end of the school ?For example, yearbooks for 6th formers?or Year11's? so we have a lists/photos of all our year groups,classmates, teachers and etc.

.. or is it just my school?
We have them at my school too. I think we had to pay a small amount.. but it's definitely worth the price. Loads of memories are contained within. =)
MissSmith
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
well at my school there were around twenty people who wanted to put the yearbook together. then they all left and no work had been done at all and it was left to me and this other girl to put 84 pages together in only just over two months. the people in our year were awful to us, they didnt help and they didnt bring in photos or anything. then, they got mad at us for not having pics in of them! it was awful and not the most great of memories or ways to finish school. i was soooo stressed!

so the moral of the story is dont join a yearbook committee!
nokiaslife
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
We do
paperheart
Rep:
?
No photos?so it's like.... useless? hehe.
Hmmm.. but they shouldn't get mad.. it's their fault.
Yeah, it's hard to be in a yearbook committee.

(Original post by hello_its_me_)
well at my school there were around twenty people who wanted to put the yearbook together. then they all left and no work had been done at all and it was left to me and this other girl to put 84 pages together in only just over two months. the people in our year were awful to us, they didnt help and they didnt bring in photos or anything. then, they got mad at us for not having pics in of them! it was awful and not the most great of memories or ways to finish school. i was soooo stressed!

so the moral of the story is dont join a yearbook committee!
paperheart
Rep:
?
Grr. My school should make a yearbook. lol
MissSmith
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
there were four or five people who, after much convincing, eventually brought in some photos. most people handed in a photo for their profile, though thats because we blackmailed them! after that, we had to search my space, the internet, get them from other people. noone was interested but they wanted the book! grrrrrr!
sidekick
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yeah I felt sorry for the people who were on the committee for our yearbook, loads of people were so unhelpful lol! We were the first year in our school to have done one (at the end of yr 13) and I think in the future it will depend on whether the year 13s want one enough to organise it themselves! I'm SO glad we did it though, I love my yearbook (despite the shocking typos, honestly, whoever proof-read it was blind) and I'm grateful for all the stress the girlies undertook to make it happen Ours was about £15 I think, they did a survey to see how much people would be willing to pay and stuff, and got people with contacts to provide sponsors. Was good! Stress is worth it for the memories!
MissSmith
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
haha i ended up aneamic and in hospital! i was exhausted! lol! but yeah, you are right, it will (hopefully!!!) be worth it!

i am just terrified pople moan because they aren't in it enough, forgetting taht there are 76 people in our year to try fit in 84 pages... wah!
sidekick
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by hello_its_me_)
haha i ended up aneamic and in hospital! i was exhausted! lol! but yeah, you are right, it will (hopefully!!!) be worth it!

i am just terrified pople moan because they aren't in it enough, forgetting taht there are 76 people in our year to try fit in 84 pages... wah!
Omg poor you!! Extreme! Well all I can say is they better be grateful! And if they're not then they are fools :hugs:
iceman_jondoe
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
we do...its a great way of remmebering the final year....in one way ima miss my school and the people i know (cause i know i wont see all of em after i leave) in another way i'm so glad to finally leave school yeah only 5 more weeks and all i have to come into school for is exams woo !
*Tears and Butterflies*
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Some people have had a year book oganized in our year & we had to have a pettition for people to sign for it to be allowed as we needed a minimum number of 100 people to buy the book which our deputy thought was not going to happen. We were allowed it in the end but now only 60 people have broughtin their money and we need another 40 people by tomorrow so it looks like itis not gonnna happen. Im really annoyed actually i didn't buy the end of year photos cos i thought i was gettin a yearbook. Why do poeple sign the damn pettition is they weren't gonna buy it? :mad:
her0n
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
We had a Yearbook at school (year 11) and in College... I was the technical editor for the school yearbook and stayed well away from the college one! We used Jostens for the school one - they were great So much stress and annoyance but oh god it was worth it. We had a great team with an amazing sense of humour which really helped with writing and designing the pages

College one was alright but I think their team lacked our skills and experience
Acaila
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I was on our committee in S6, lots of drama over that. Also had one from my higher drama class which was basic but really good - who needs photos when it has Acaila's most embarassing moments?!
bedbug
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by fiend)
We have them at the end of 6th form, gonna cost £25 though.
:ditto: but I'm happy to pay for it. It's something you're gonna keep forever, so you want it to be good.
mtbab
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
we have them aswell lol, tis just ure school lol altho we only started doin them this yr
crushedfruit
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Thats a shame you don't have a yearbook. I'm editor of mine and it can be annoying as there are a select few who seem to be less than willing to hand in quotes/have their picture taken and yet demand that they get their say on what is involved.

Dealing with my yearbook has been pretty plain sailing though although I can see it becoming stressful after Easter as there will only be four days before we have to finish it off :eek:
ArVi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
We're gonna have one too. They are making it at the moment... It'll probably cost a bit, but as others have said above, it'll be well worth it
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Mon, 7 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (47)
29.38%
No - I got the required grades (93)
58.13%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (20)
12.5%

Watched Threads